Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who is the most famous Malayali?
21-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Who, in your opinion, is the most famous Malayali/Keralite? It can be anyone, a movie star, a politician, a social worker, a businessman...

I'll start with the person whom I think is the most famous Malayali.

Its none other than Mohanlal Smile

Now its your turn. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2009, 11:14 AM
It is true that Mohanlal is famous through out India for his excellent acting skills. But I don't think that he is the most famous Malayali, all over the world. IMO it is our ex-President, Mr. K. R. Narayan. When he became our president, he was known not only by all Indians, but by people all over the world.

Mobile version of ProKerala.com launched. Visit m.prokerala.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2009, 06:51 PM
ഇന്നുമുതല്‍ ഈ ചോദിയത്തിനു ഒറ്റ ഉത്തരം മാത്രം. റസൂല്‍ പൂക്കുട്ടി.
24-02-2009, 09:20 AM
kurian Wrote:ഇന്നുമുതല്‍ ഈ ചോദിയത്തിനു ഒറ്റ ഉത്തരം മാത്രം. റസൂല്‍ പൂക്കുട്ടി.
I don't agree with you. Do you know who won the Oscar for Sound Mixing last year? I don't remember. I am sure that very few people remember that. The Oscar made Rasul Pookuty famous in Kerala, and we may remember him. But it does not make him the most famous Malayali.

I think the title goes to Mr. EMS Namboothiripad, the head of the first Democratically elected communist government.
24-02-2009, 12:40 PM
എന്റെ അഭിപ്രായത്തില്‍ എ. കെ ആന്റണിയാണ് രാജ്യാന്തരതലത്തില്‍ ഏറ്റവും പ്രസിദ്ധനായ മലയാളി. He was the Kerala Chief Minister and now the Defense Minister of India. So who else could be more famous than Mr. A. K. Anthony?

Joshy K. Jacob
24-02-2009, 07:23 PM
നിങ്ങള്‍ക്കെല്ലാവര്‍ക്കും തെറ്റ് പറ്റിയിരിക്കുന്നു. 'പട്ടി' എന്ന ഒറ്റ വാക്കിലൂടെ ഭാരത ജനതയുടെ മുഴുവന്‍ ശ്രദ്ധ പിടിച്ചു പറ്റിയ നമ്മുടെ സ്വന്തം അച്ചുമാമന്‍ തന്നെയാണ് ഏറ്റവും പ്രശസ്തനായ മലയാളി. Wink
26-02-2009, 07:59 PM
PrinceZac Wrote:I don't agree with you. Do you know who won the Oscar for Sound Mixing last year? I don't remember. I am sure that very few people remember that. The Oscar made Rasul Pookuty famous in Kerala, and we may remember him. But it does not make him the most famous Malayali.

I think the title goes to Mr. EMS Namboothiripad, the head of the first Democratically elected communist government.

Dear PrinceZac, its not about sound mixing. Its about India and the Oscar. I hope you watched the award night. This was what Rasul said after receiving the award. "This is not just an award, its history being handed over to me".
Its true!! Rasul has made histroy.
09-03-2009, 05:43 PM
അസിന്റെ പേര് നിങ്ങള്‍ എല്ലാവരും മറന്നു എന്ന് തോന്നുന്നു. മലയാളം, തമിഴ്, തെലുങ്ക്, ഒടുവില്‍ ബോളിവൂടില്‍ അതും അമീര്‍ ഖാന്റെ നായികയായി.തീര്‍ച്ചയായും ഏഷ്യന്‍ തന്നെയാണ് ഏറ്റവും ഫേമസ് ആയ മലയാളി.
23-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Its definitely our "Lalettan".
Recently he entered into Limca Book of Records .. as one of best 20 famous personality ever known in India.
25-06-2009, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2009 08:44 AM by Rajesh Kumar.)
Arts & Film
K. J. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Yesudas - Classical musician and famous play back singer. AND Mohanlal - Famous actor and Winner of the national award for Best Actor in 1992 (Bharatham) and 2000 (Vaanaprastham). [/COLOR]

Politicians
K.R. Narayanan (1921 - 2005) - Former President of India.

Painter
Raja Ravi Varma - World known painter.