Students exchange organizations based in United Kingdom can help realize your goal for higher studies in U.K. By means of the same, your aspiration for acquiring an academic degree from one of the prestigious institutions of U.K can turn out to be real.
Benefits of studying in UK
- It not only houses some of the top rated universities of the world, but also leads the global scenario in terms of English language learning as well as teaching. Degrees acquired therein with respect of the mentioned genre have worldwide credibility.
- If you are specially bent on exploring the diverse horizon of English, you can avail of a wide range of specialized centers taking care of the same.
- There are umpteen numbers of career oriented courses in subjects as various as business, computing, art & fashion designing, social science and humanities.
- One of the leading benefits of U.K education relates to its flexibility. With as many as three thousand institutions of learning, it is not difficult locating the suitable course bearing in mind your ability and resources.
Top Universities of UK
- Cambridge University with its illustrious association to world famous personalities such as Sir Isaac Newton, Lord Kelvin and G.H Hardy ranks amongst the top universities of UK. Consisting of thirty one colleges and more than one hundred and fifty departments, the renowned center of learning is managed by several faculties and syndicates. Providing world class facilities in teaching, learning and advanced research- the Cambridge University offers a string of courses in fields of arts, humanities, bio & clinical sciences, mathematics, physical sciences and technology.
- Besides University of Cambridge, Oxford University is another focal point of higher learning in UK. Boasting of reputed alumni such as William Gladstone, Harold Wilson, Tony Blair and Oscar Wilde - the university includes several colleges and departments under its purview. Ranging from linguistic labs for phonetics research down to those meant for genetic study, oxford university happens to cradle different aspects of higher education.
- In case you are keen on advanced & research based knowledge in streams relevant to economics and social science 'The London School of Economics and Political Science' will suit your purpose. As the lone institution in United Kingdom looking after research based studies in social science, admission to this leading institute is marked by tough competition.
Given below is a list of top 10 universities in UK:
- St Andrews
- London School of Economics
- Imperial College
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for Studying in UK
- Skill or proficiency in English Language is one of the most important requirements. As a non native student seeking admission to UK College or university it is important that you go through a preparatory program on the language or clear out one of the following tests.
- A non native speaker generally needs to achieve a bare optimum score in TOEFL or IELTS tests- seeking to judge your specific proficiency in the cognitive use of English language.
- The minimum requirement of TOEFL or IELTS score differ with course you choose to embark upon because individual course of study requires a bare minimum TOEFL or IELTS score.
- In case you choose to pursue your undergraduate education from UK; it is important that you successfully complete the 10 plus 2 mode.
- For post graduate studies and areas of research based learning; you need to clear out GCSE or GRE. While the former happens to be an advanced form of evaluation in the use of English language; the latter known as 'Graduate Record Examination' is imperative in case you choose to opt for postgraduate studies in UK
- GRE is necessary for all post graduate studies other than management. For pursuing higher education in the field of management; you need to clear out and realize a bare minimum credits in 'GMAT'.
- But do bear in mind that despite clearing the essentialities of GRE or GMAT; since you happen to be a non native user of English; it is important that you initially clear the hurdles of IELTS or TOEFL.
Application Procedure for Education in UK
- As far as the application procedure is concerned; you can apply directly by accessing the websites of universities or that of the 'UCAS' - facilitating admission to universities based in UK
- If you are attached to an educational consultant; the said consultancy can help look after the procedure of application.
- Whether you log on to university websites or that of UCAS , it is important that you conform to the bare minimum eligibility criteria for studying in UK
Types of Visa for UK Education
- If you choose to pursue a course which does not come under the bounds of a university qualification; you can avail of a visa covering the length of three years.
- On the other hand, in case you have been selected for university or post doctoral degrees you can avail of visa covering four years time.
- With the visa of the second kind; you can even apply for part time jobs in the same country.