Important Feng Shui symbols for homes
When one wants to use feng shui symbols, they have to use them right. Here are eight feng shui symbols that every house must possess, in order to provide the house with maximum protection and prosperity as well.
- The Dragon
As already mentioned, the Dragon is one of the four Celestial Animals and hence, it would be quite beneficial to have them around the house, as one of the vital symbols of feng shui.
- What is it good for - It is really important to understand the meaning of feng shui symbols before keeping them in one's home. The dragon is a symbol of strength, protection and prosperity. It can protect one from harmful energy in life.
- Where to keep it - The dragon can be kept on the desk to bring "The Luck of the Dragon". It is to be kept in the eastern direction, especially in offices and work areas. However, the dragon should not be kept in the bedroom area, for its energy can be disruptive. While a dragon made of ceramic would still be powerful, the most powerful dragon symbols are the ones that are carved out of wood. One should also avoid metal dragons.
Bamboo stands for the earth, the greenery of earth and the nourishment provided by the same. The meaning of feng shui symbols can always be derived by their importance, as in the case of bamboo. It is a tree that nourishes and protects, hence it is a symbol of protection as well as luck.
- What is it good for - It is good for bringing luck to a house. It is also a symbol of growth in life, wealth and relationships. It is also good for protection against harmful chi.
- Where to keep it - There are some people who like getting a whole bamboo tree or a bonsai of the same. However, people who cannot get those can always opt to get a painting of bamboo in their house or their office. Wind chimes made of bamboo are also a good idea. It can enhance positive growth in career and in relationships. There are no restrictions on where to keep the bamboo symbol.
- The Double 8
8 is a lucky number in Chinese tradition and in Feng Shui. The double eight is seen as double luck or double prosperity. The reason why 8 is believed to be so lucky is the fact that the symbol 8 represents infinity. "Fatt" or the sound of 8, in Chinese feng shui is supposed to bring abundance in personal and professional life.
- What is it good for - The double eights are good for professional relationships. It is the feng shui symbol for love and happy relationships (existing ones or bringing new ones as well). It is good to unblock chi and enhance the flow of positive chi in one's life.
- Where to keep it - The symbol of double 8 can be kept in the bedroom to promote happy relationships. In professional life, keeping it on one's work table can enhance flow of creativity and thought. In shops, make sure you keep it in the south- east corner.
- The Laughing Buddha
Of all the Buddha symbols, this is the most popular one. The Laughing Buddha is believed to be a feng shui symbol that brings prosperity to one's life. It can bring happiness, wealth and prosperity in a personal and professional sphere.
- What is it good for - In personal life, the Laughing Buddha is believed to bring happiness. But when one looks at the meaning of feng shui symbols, one can understand that the Laughing Buddha is more of a sign for financial well-being.
- Where to keep it - The best height for a Laughing Buddha symbol is 30 inches. It should face the main door of the house or the office to make sure that the chi of the visitor is made positive when they enter. The Laughing Buddha could also be kept in a corner table that is diagonally opposite to the front door.
- Chinese Coins
These are the coins with the Chinese writing on them, that are tied together with a red string. They usually come as hangings. Off late, they come in the form of wind chimes and key chains as well.
- What is it good for - These coins are supposed to bring prosperity, better flow of money or income and good luck.
- Where to keep it - These Chinese coins should be used in threes, sixes, sevens or eights. Any other number of coins will prove to be unlucky. They can be hung on the inside of doors. For businesses, they can be put in an envelope and put on or under the table. The meaning of feng shui symbols of coins is actually never ending source of income, so they can be tied to the wallet or handbag as well. These Chinese coins are believed to be auspicious gifts as well, for in gifting this to others and providing them with greater prosperity, we are increasing our own prosperity as well.
- The Mystic Knot
This is the eight-looped knot. In India, the Mystic Knot is actually a symbol that forms the emblem of the goddess of wealth! In Feng shui, the mystic knot symbol is usually seen as a snake swallowing its own tail. As far as sings of Feng Shui go, this emblem is the one that represents the spiritual nature of one's existence on the planet.
- What is it good for - The Mystic Knot symbolizes the cycle of birth and rebirth, thus symbolizing the very nature of one's existence on the planet. It is also a symbol of unending love.
- Where to keep it - The mystic knot is usually red in colour (it is best if it is red in colour). It has to be put in the south-west part of the bedroom to enhance happiness in relationships. In offices, it can be put in the southwest corner as well. Doing that will promote harmony and loyalty among the people working in the office.
- Foo Dogs
The Foo Dogs, in Chinese tradition, stand for protection. They are protective symbols. They basically protect whatever and whomever they are guarding from negative energy and bad thoughts. Only good thoughts and positive chi can function in their territory.
- What is it good for - This symbol of feng shui is good for promoting positive chi within a house or a room. It can be used to remove negativity and smooth completion of tasks that have been started.
- Where to keep it - The foo dogs should only be bought in twos. They can be put outside the house or the office, as guardians. They should be kept at a high position, especially when they are put right outside the front door.
- The Pagoda Tower
The Pagoda tower is the education tower. Of all the important symbols of feng shui, this is the one that is the most intellectual. There are a lot of special symbols of feng shui, but only a few of them are directed towards maintaining an organized mind and this is what the pagoda tower does. The pagoda tower derives from the Buddhist stupa.
- What is it good for - The education tower or the Pagoda tower can help organize unorganized minds. It can help build focus and help one complete a task that has been started. It is a symbol for those who wish to attain academic success.
- Where to keep it - The pagoda tower can be put on the north-east of the person's desk, to increase focus on work and completion of the same. They are also good for promoting undivided attention and they remove any distraction that might play on a person's mind.
Having these vital feng shui symbols at home and office can really enhance one's complete potential and make sure that they achieve success in all their endeavours. Since feng shui is an important tradition that has been in existence for quite a while, there is no disputing it's importance or its success. One can choose and use feng shui symbols that hold some meaning for them one can pick all the important symbols of feng shui for their house.