Anti Aging Treatment & Skin Care, Anti Aging Skin Care Treatment, Skin Care Tips
According to Ayurveda, premature aging of the skin is caused due to the aggravation of vata dosha, which naturally increases with age.
Skin Care - Premature Aging of Skin
The reasons why skin gets aged can be divided as internal and external factors. Internal factors include inability of the skin to retain moisture, decrease in Elastin production, less turnover of new skin cells etc... External factors include the lifestyle and environment of the individual like smoking, exposure to sun, exposure to cold, poor diet, too much stress, lack of exercise etc...
Some anti aging treatment, home remedies and herbal treatment for premature skin aging are:
- Massaging face with ghee, almond oil or coconut oil before going to bed.
- Applying fresh aloe Vera gel to the skin
- Using grated cucumber in a face pack.
Ayurvedic Dry Skin Care - Dry Skin Treatment and Remedies
Dryness of skin is a clear evidence that the skin has lost most of its essential protective functions. Dry skins are mostly affected by sun, hard water, and wind. The skin losses its softness, dries up, and after every wash the skin get unusually rough and hard.
Environmental factors such as exposure to sun, wind, cold, chemicals, or cosmetics, or excessive bathing with harsh soaps can also cause dry skin. Conditions such as dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, or seborrhea also are the cause of the dry skin.
According to Ayurveda dryness of skin is a predominant trait of a Vata constitution. Even in normal people, Vata causes dryness of the skin when it is vitiated due to seasonal influences.
- Honey, is a good remedy for dry skin.
- Add half tablespoon of honey to 1-2 tablespoon of rose water. Apply on face, neck, and other dry skin area. This is natural and safe. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes, then wash off with tepid water. Honey moisturizes and soothes dry skin, and is gentle enough for daily use. This mixture cleans the skin, tones it, and makes it glowing.
- Egg yolk and honey is another best solutions for dry skin care.
- Make a paste using egg yolk (one teaspoon), milk powder (1-2 teaspoon), and honey (one teaspoon). Apply this paste on face, neck and other dry skin area and let it dry for 10-15 minutes then wash your face using cold water.
- Apply natural mayonnaise, either homemade or from natural foods store. Massage into skin, leave on for 15-20 minutes, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Eating food rich in minerals and proteins and vitamins is very much helpful in overcoming dry skin.
- An oil massage is a simple yet well-known remedy to treat dry skin. Adding a few drops of glycerine to the oil just before application will give better result.
- An oil massage is a simple yet well-known remedy to treat dry skin. Adding a few drops of glycerine to the oil just before application will make it more effective.
- Applying clarified butter or milk cream for a couple of days before going to bed is very effective for curing cracked lips.