The Pear Body Shape is wider in the lower portion of the body including hips, waist, and buttock.
The Pear body shape is associated with women while Triangle Body Shape is associated with men.
Don't know your body shape? Use the body shape calculator to find out
Puzzled about your shape? Just answer three questions of our Exclusive Womens Body Shape Quiz and know what assets you own!!!For all the handsome guys out there- check out our Exclusive Mens Body Shape Quiz and see the results!!
Learn more about Pear Body Shape: Pear Body Shape: Dressing Tips to flatter your body shape
Follow our simple guideline to keep fat at bay in a pear shaped body:
- Eat nuts, salmon, mackerel - both of which are great sources of omega-3 and cook with a little coconut oil, which boosts your typically low metabolism and helps in weight loss.
- Include high quantity of special carbohydrates in the form of whole grains, dark bread, brown rice, oats/oatmeal, all veggies and high-quality proteins like eggs, skinless chicken/turkey breast, beef/lamb, fish, seafood, fat-free milk, yogurt and cottage cheese and protein powder.
- Since Pear body shapes are at an increased risk of osteoporosis, Use calcium-rich dairy foods including low-fat dry milk that acts as a great source of calcium to your daily smoothies and dressings for a smoother, delicious texture. Other calcium-rich foods you can include in your daily diet are seaweed, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, leafy greens, tomatoes and calcium-rich fruits like oranges, apples, and pears.
Do not eat:
Kindly avoid all animal fat including fatty meats, butter, cream, full-fat milk, yogurt & cheese, sour cream, fatty or deep fried foods, mayonnaise, and stay away from salty foods like deli meats, pickles, full-fat dressings, and gravies.
Health Risks linked to Pear Body Shape:
As a pear shaped body, you carry weight around your bottom and thighs and the weight is accumulated due to subcutaneous fat present in your diet rather than the more dangerous visceral variety.
The fact that fat deposited on the hips is less likely to travel around the body makes pear-shaped people healthier than those with apple-shaped bodies and thereby reducing the risk of heart disease. Further, the risk of stroke and diabetes is kept in check by a pear-shaped body.
But there is an increased risk of osteoarthritis with extra weight on the hips. Even scientific research has revealed that the pear body shapes takes more time to lose weight than the apple body shapes.
Since fat in the upper body, chest and abdomen burns faster than the fat stored on the bottom, hips and thighs, pear body shaped people may have to work harder to lose weight and needs to closely monitor the calorie intake and limit fat consumption.
Risks of Ostrogen dominant condition such as breast cancer is likely higher in women than men pear shaped body. Monthly breast checkup is recommended for pear shaped women.
- To improve the shape of your back and for shaping your upper body, go for Rows and reverse flies back exercises.
- Trying deadlifts will improve tone and enlarges the large muscles of the buttocks.
- Constantly doing static lunges allow you to focus on good form and lateral lunges will help recruit the muscles of the quadriceps and the inner thighs.
- Please don't include leg curls, presses, and extensions, squats, kickboxing, long-distance running and high-impact aerobics, as these may further develop your lower body.
It is always important to stay consistent. Taking control of your diet and an effective exercise plan will help you stay fit for the rest of your life.