A fully round shape with narrow shoulders and slim legs..You are an OVAL SHAPED BODY!
Features of Oval Body Shape:
- Upper shoulders and arms are stronger.
- Round belly
- Legs are slimmer in comparison to the upper half
- Fuller face and short neck
Puzzled about your shape? Just answer three questions of our Exclusive Mens Body Shape Quizand know what assets you can flaunt!!!
- Detailed prints or textured pieces in darker colors will flatter your body shape.
- Vertical stripes and pinstripes to lengthen the body. These gives a elongated appearance to the specific area worn.
- Avoid horizontal stripes that will the worn part appear rounder.
- Use statement or brightly coloured belts to draw attention to your widest part.
CLOTHING TIPS FOR AN OVAL SHAPED BODY
- Jeans with wide leg patterns will balance the proportions between the upper half and lower half, but consider dark colours/denims and larger pockets on the bottom for an elongated and slimmer frame.
- Medium- rise jeans are another great fashion and comfort booster for your body type.
- Avoid boot cut and straight leg jeans as jeans flare will enhance your frame.
- Avoid tucking in or buttoning the jeans to prevent any bulk appearance around your stomach.
- Low rise jeans are not ideal too as they may fit tightly around your stomach making it more uncomfortable.
- Always go for fit clothes or loosely tapered trousers especially around trouser legs and sleeves, as loose ones will make the limbs appear smaller.
- Midriff in the pant ought to become free and never belted so tight that it squeezes and wrinkles.
- Ensure that the trousers fabric isn’t to heavy and the trouser cut isn’t too tight.
- Casual trouser with light fabrics provides a good drape to and gives you a figure hugging look.
- Formal trouser having flat front works best for your shape to disguise the extra weight around the tummy.
- V neck shaped top with long sleeves will create a slimmer silhouette illusion.
- Avoid tight and baggy shirts that may accentuate your stomach area and ensure that the tops doesn't hug you too tightly.
- Top with smaller prints is still a better option for a well-toned look.
- Avoid turtle neck tops to avoid any attention on the shoulders and arms.
- Avoid tops with large prints to avoid any attention to your larger mid-drift.
- Cowl necks, polo shirts, or wide crew necks are great choices for your body type.
- While selecting shirts always check the neck size and the arm length. Go for full fitting ones. Shirts that doesn't fit will make you look dull and uncomfortable.
- Collar of the shirts should be standard collars or button down to give you a round elongated face.
- Vertical stripes will give you elongated look..
- Try to wear same color shirts and pants that'll give you a slimmer frame.
- Darker colors will do more good for your body shape.
- Avoid contrasting colors that may shed light on your middle tummy.
- Avoid average spread and widely spread collars.
- Avoid horizontal stripes that draws attention on your frame and size.
- Single-breasted, long parka jackets are good choices for your body type.
- Sport jackets with patterns or textures are excellent fit too.
- Always stick to dark colors and that stays below your waist to mid-thigh that help to elongate your appearance.
- Avoid blazers with pads on the shoulders.
- Fittted suits with light and soft fabrics to conceal the bulk on your body frame. Avoid heavy fabrics.
- Single vented jacket with vents at the back are another ideal fit that avoids drawing too much attention to the back of your body.
- Dark colors will give you a slimmer look. Try dark navy blue or black suits.
- Suits with two buttons are modern and fashionable options and won't draw attention to your middle part.
Read more about the diet and exercises for your Oval Body Shape : The Perfect Platter for the Oval Body Shape : Diet Plan and Fitness Tips