A Pear Body?
Being a pear shape makes you carry most of your weight in the lower portions of their body -and it is mostly subcutaneous fat.
The plushy sort of fat, it isn’t the kind of fat that surrounds your vital organs, pointing that you are at a health risk lesser than the apple shaped people.
But on the other side, this type of fat once gained is harder to lose because it's stubborn and not as mobile as visceral fat.
Thus work-out may be needed in addition to a suitable diet.
Don't know your body shape? Use the body shape calculator to find out
Low- fat High- Fiber Diet Is The Key
To shed the “blubber” fat around your hips, you need to stick to a high fiber, lower fat diet with an adequate portion of lean protein.
Lean protein is the best combination because it's much easier to burn carbohydrates than it is fat.
Food to be included in a pear body shape diet:
- Whole grains
- Brown rice
- Complex carbohydrates like whole grains, lentils, and beans.
- Protein that is low in fat like chicken or fish is also best
- High-quality proteins like skinless chicken, lean beef/veal
- Fishes like tuna, cod
- Cooked/raw high-fiber, non-starchy vegetables: cabbage, broccoli, zucchini, and all leafy green vegetables and fruits that are not too sweet like berries, prunes, cherries, apples
Avoid Unnecessary hormones and enhance Calcium intake
Studies have also suggested that the pear shaped body may also be due to increased estrogen levels.
Thus it's best to avoid non-organic and processed meats which may contain unnecessary hormones in it.
Foods to avoid:
- Sweet fruits like pears, apricots, melons, grapes, pineapple
- Cooked starchy vegetables like carrots, beets, potatoes
- All foods containing fats (except fatty fish)
- Also, include calcium-rich foods as they are known to influence the way our bodies store fat.
Pear should watch Alcohol!!
Strictly put away Alcoholic beverages and also canned drinks like sodas, juices etc high in sugar. Replace them with water. Thus your main diet target will be to avoid all sorts of fats getting accumulated, as once sedimented, they are hard to go with your type of body. Keep away from all excess calories.