Young Glowing Skin - Skin Care and Ayurveda Skin Treatment
Preparing Body Lotions and Masks for smooth and soft skin
Body Lotions - A body lotion is a low to medium viscosity preparation intended for application on external skin and body, usually after bath. Many lotions, especially hand and face creams can be classified as cosmetics and not medicine. Its main purpose is to smoothen and soften the skin.
Given below are some beauty tips and ways to prepare body lotions.
- Mix 1 table spoon of lime juice with 1 table spoon of Glycerin and 1 table spoon of rose water. Mix well and store it in a glass bottle. Apply daily half an hour before a bath or apply at bedtime and wash in the morning before bath.
- In Winter season, right after a bath while the skin is still wet, rub some Baby oil into the skin gently to avoid dryness.
- Make a paste with 2 tablespoons of oats and 1 tablespoons lime juice and milk. Apply on the body and wash after 5 minutes before a bath.
- Take 1 cup of fresh rose petals with half a cup of milk. Add 1 teaspoon of gram flour and some Rose water. Make a paste and apply on arms and legs before bath. Wash after 10 minutes.
- Mix 1 teaspoon Vaseline with 1 teaspoon Glycerin and leave overnight. This is good for dry skin and also during winter season.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Vaseline with 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E oil and 1 teaspoon of Glycerin and apply over the entire body. Have a bath after an hour repeat this for a week or two.
Home Made Mask for Hands and Feet :
- Papaya - Half cup
- Pineapple - Half cup
- Avocado - Half cup
- Honey 4 tablespoons
- Bran 1 cup
Procedure - Make a paste out of the above ingredients and apply till elbows for hands and ankles for feet. Wash after it gets dried up. This helps to get soft and supple skin.