Home made body lotions for young, glowing Skin
Beauty tips for maintaining well hydrated, supple skin are listed below:
- Mix 1 table spoon of lemon juice with 1 table spoon of Glycerin and 1 table spoon of rose water. Mix well and store it in a glass bottle. Apply daily half an hour before taking bath or apply at bedtime and wash off in the morning.
- Make a paste with 2 tablespoons of oats and 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and milk. Apply on the body for 5 minutes prior to taking a bath.
- Add 1 cup of fresh rose petals in half a cup of milk. To this, add 1 teaspoon of gram flour and some rose water. Make a paste and apply for 10 minutes on arms and legs before bath.
- Mix 1 teaspoon Vaseline with 1 teaspoon Glycerin and leave overnight. This is good for dry skin and also during winter season.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Vaseline with 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E oil and 1 teaspoon of Glycerin. Apply over the entire body and have a bath after an hour. Repeat this for a week or two.
Preparing Body Lotions for smooth and soft skin
Body Lotions - A body lotion is a low to medium viscosity preparation intended for topical application, usually after bath. Many lotions, especially hand and face creams fall under the category of cosmetics and not medicine. Its main purpose is to smoothen and soften the skin.
Try these homemade body lotions to get young, glowing skin:
Hand and Body Cream
Ingredients: Nourishing Hand and Body Cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup shea butter
- 1/8 cup cocoa butter
- 1 Tbsp aloe vera juice
- 1 Tbsp liquid oil of choice
- 5-10 drops essential oils (optional)
Heat the shea butter, coconut oil, and cocoa butter over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Add the aloe vera juice, liquid oil, and essential oils and mix well. Store in container of your choice.
Coconut vanilla butter
Ingredients: Coconut vanilla butter
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla essence
Put your mixer on high and mix the coconut oil (which is solid at room temperature) for 2-4 minutes. Then add a capful of vanilla extract. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl every so often. Turn the mixer on high for another 4-5 minutes, occasionally stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Stop the process when it acquires a fluffy white lotion-consistency. Store in a clean container.
Coconut and aloe vera lotion
Ingredients: Coconut and aloe vera lotion
- Coconut oil
- Aloe vera gel
- Essential oils
Whip the coconut oil and keep it in the fridge for a while if it’s too runny. Pour the oil into a bowl and mix for 6-9 minutes until it gets fluffy. Add a few drops of essential oil and mix in a dollop of aloe vera gel. Apply liberally.
- Coconut oil
- Essential oils (of your choice)
Heat coconut oil to liquid state. Add a teaspoon of essential oil into it and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a container and store in a cool, dry place.