Hemorrhoids which may be internal or external refer to the swollen inflamed veins in and around the anal cavity. While internal ones are located inside; the external ones are found on the outer surface. Both forms of hemorrhoids lead to bleeding after the passage of bowel, a feeling of discomfort and fullness. In extreme cases when hemorrhoids tend to prolapse; it is accompanied by pain, irritation which intensifies on straining.
Given below are natural treatments for Hemorrhoids. These are very effective home remedies for Hemorrhoids.
Home Remedy for Hemorrhoids - Natural Hemorrhoids Cure
- As straining leads to pain and discomfort to minimize the concerned effects steps should be taken to soften stool and loosen up bowel movements. Diet high in fiber content can ensure substantial relief. Apart from going for whole grains, bran and green and leafy vegetables; in extreme cases fiber supplements in flaxseeds and psyllium may be opted for. The husks available in powder form may be added to a glass of water so that the entire content may be drunk. Powdered husks aid significantly in relaxing bowel movements.
- Patient suffering from piles should insist on diet based on fruits and vegetable; with minimum use of oil and spices. Bakery items based on refined flour and pastas should be avoided.
- Items such as prunes, peas, beans, papaya, apples, nuts, raisins, whole grains and oranges have been found conducive to the treatment of piles.
- Certain medicinal herbs with their anti inflammatory and astringent qualities serve to relieve pain and itching. They are available either in forms of ointment, or in forms of capsule. Thus topical as well as internal intake will prove to be relieving. An herb by the name of ‘Chebulic Myroblan’ is not only an effective astringent but also aids to cure constipation. Having roasted the fruit in a little bit of oil; it can be preserved in powdered form. Half a spoon of the same before packing off to bed will not only aid the movements of bowel; but will also serve to be healing from the point of view of piles. A common anti septic tree by the name of ‘neem’ can prove to be equally effective.
- Topical application of calendula and consumption of 'triphala' – (an herbal tonic) prove to be quite effective. Application of soothing and cool gelling mixture particularly the one based on the herb of ‘witch hazel’ has been found to be very effective. Witch hazel is endowed with natural qualities that serve against inflammation; adding to it a touch of relief.
- Sufficient amount of water should be taken to flush out the toxins.
- Fluid intakes should be increased. Apple and cranberry juices are found to be very effective.
- Taking warm showers in water enriched with few drops of eucalyptus oil may prove to be equally relieving.
- Application of apple vinegar to the affected are helps to kill the irritation and painfulness.
- Powder of sun dried seeds of mangoes also serves to reduce painfulness and swelling; if consumed twice a day.
- Consumption of medicinally effective rose apple serves to cure the terrors of bleeding hemorrhoids.
- Dry figs soaked overnight in water may be consumed next morning along with the water soaking it. The formula will play an effective role in easing bowels thereby reducing the pile’s exposure to straining.
- A decoction consisting of two table spoons of grated radish along with a tea spoonful of honey also serves a useful purpose in reducing inflammation and pain; if consumed at least two times regularly.
- Juices of spinach, carrot and leaves of turnip equally have important roles to play. Apart from being mild and soothing in nature they provide the much needed roughage; which has an important role to play in the treatment of piles.
- The combined mixture of buttermilk and leaves of bitter gourd also proves to be an effective natural remedy in the treatment of piles.
- Another homemade decoction may be made by mixing equal measures of lime, mint, and ginger with one table spoon of honey as a curative against piles.
- Sweetmeats made out of sesame seeds are said to be effective for piles which bleed. They can also be taken in the form of drink; after boiling the same in water. The inherently healing quality of sesame seed proves to be relieving.
- Similarly effective is the juice made out of wheat grass. Apart from acting as a laxative, it also ensures detoxification.
- Exercising insisting on adequate supply of blood circulation throughout the body should also be opted for.
- Apart from adopting a dietary regimen focusing on high fiber content and reduced fat and spicy elements; equal insistence should be given on avoiding caffeine, alcohol and carbonated drinks and junk food. One should adopt a fixed schedule for regular cleansing of bowels.
In severe cases of painless bleeding and irritation medical help should be taken.