Psoriasis Treatment - Home Remedies & Natural Cure
A skin disease resulting from the malfunctioning of immune system, psoriasis is characterized by the growth and multiplication in the recycling skin cells. There are different kinds of psoriasis which shows itself as patches of red and white. While some may manifest dermatological symptoms in forms of scale like colored patches; there are cases which show no palpable symptoms. Usually according to the variations in kind, symptoms of psoriasis differ. Being a chronic disorder of the skin; its cause may be attributed to genetic factors. Environmental, hormonal and stress related factors are also accountable. Even certain kinds of bacterial infections may lead to psoriasis.
Though psoriasis may not be infectious, the scaly conditions appearing on skin can be a major source of irritation and discomfort. In this regard, some naturally available curative means may help reduce the discomforting scales.
Psoriasis Home Remedies - Natural Treatment for Psoriasis
The psoriasis treatment methods listed below are natural treatment for psoriasis. These home remedies for psoriasis treatment are found to be effective cure for psoriasis.
- Regular bathing and cold sponging of the affected parts may serve to reduce the scaly patches. Utmost care and cleanliness should be taken so as to avoid any other secondary infections during the outbreak of psoriasis.
- One can go for a cold sponge using water mixed with cider vinegar. Soaking or bathing in water enriched with soothingly effective apple vinegar may also be a good option.
- Compressing the affected parts with leaves of cabbage is also said to be naturally beneficial.
- Epsom salt with its healing content can also be added to bath water as one of the home based curative options. In fact, sea water with high salt content serves as a defense against psoriasis. Regular bath in sea water or washing the affected parts in sea water turns out to be an effective option.
- Dry skin encourages psoriasis. So care should be taken to moisturize the skin. Moisturizing the skin with the help of lactic acid based moisturizer offers an effective option. Even cooking oils and petroleum jelly may serve to strike the right water balance of the skin; thereby preventing the growth of conditions which encourage psoriasis.
- Addition of vegetable oil to bathing water may come in handy. Amalgam of germ, castor and sunflower oil is one of the wonderfully effective natural remedial measures. After fusing a mixture whereby tea spoon measure of germ and castor oil is added to a cup full of sunflower oil; the said amalgam can be applied to the patchy scales of silver and red.
- Equally effective is the use of cashew nut oil; or that based on the amalgam of olive, oregano and calendula oil.
- Even the choice of soap should be cautiously guarded as soap without moisturizing content may aggravate the conditions of psoriasis. With a wide ranging variety of moisturized soap available in the market; you can easily use one such soap. Irrespective of the soap chosen be careful in having it thoroughly washed followed by the application of moisturizers.
- One should be proactive about preventing one’s skin from the harmful ultra violet rays of sun; as sun burns also contribute to psoriasis. Use of an effective sun protection formula is necessary. In case one has psoriasis, he should be doubly careful as the exposure can aggravate such conditions.
- For one afflicted with psoriasis, massaging the affected parts with olive oil will prove to be relieving.
- Even the application of tepidly warm coconut oil on the affected parts at least half an hour before bathing will help prevent dryness which encourages psoriasis.
- Similarly aloe vera with its anti burn property is equally helpful for psoriasis. The gel extracted from the medicinal herb may be affected directly on the affected parts. Particularly for ‘plaque psoriasis’; application of aloe vera gel proves to be an effective remedial option.
- Combination of aloe vera gel with that of garlic oil can be an effective healing option.
- Fatty acids in Omega 3 have been scientifically proven to be an effective remedial option to counter conditions of psoriasis. Fish oil based creams can be applied to the patchy parts or one may opt for fish oil supplements in capsules.
- Capsaicin content of black pepper also serves to control pain and itchy feel by obstructing the sensory nerves. So one may go for cream based on the similar content.
- Application of water containing baking soda may help reduce the itchy sensation of the colored patches. After diluting baking soda in thrice measure of water, you may apply the same with the help of sterilized cloth or cotton.
- Regular intake of freshly extracted juice of bitter gourd early in the morning serves to be one of the natural homemade options. You can squeeze a few drops of lemon juice into it.
- Besides using garlic oil, the immensely beneficial garlic cloves should be included in regular diet as an effectively natural protection against psoriasis. Garlic with its immune boosting property will prevent malfunctioning of immune system which leads to psoriasis.
Besides using the mentioned natural options of remedy, it is imperative that one leads a healthy regulated life style with an eye on weight control and hygiene to prevent the occurrence of psoriasis.