Urinary Tract Infection Home Remedies
Our body is set of innumerable organs carrying on complex functions in absolute harmony thus we scarcely notice what is going on inside our body until one of the organs malfunctions and causes a lot of distress to the patient. One of such disease is the Urinary Tract Infection or UTI. When bacteria present in the urinary tract encroaches into the kidney or bladder or urethra or ureters, Urinary Tract Infection is caused. It is a very painful disease and can graduate to lethal degrees if neglected. Women are more affected by UTI as compared to men. The common symptoms of urinary tract infections are urine retentions and burning sensation. Even traces of blood accompanied by strong odour and cloudy urine is a sign of UTI. Bacteria in the digestive tract blocking the opening of urethra, sexual intercourse pushing the bacteria into the urethra and having different sexual partners are the different causes of UTI.
Natural treatment & home remedy for urinary tract infection
Given below are some effective home remedies for Urinary Tract Infection. These are natural treatments for the disease that work.
- Baking soda is a very effective remedy for UTI because of its property to neutralize the acidity in the urine. Consuming one teaspoon of baking soda added to a glass of water not only eases the symptoms but also prevents the disease.
- Blue berry juice has been found to be one of the effective remedies for urinary tract infection. It has the property to restrict and prevent growth of bacteria that causes UTI. If blueberry juice is not available in plenty, a dash of shredded berries over morning cereal is also effective.
- Pineapples contain an enzyme called Bromelain. Eating a cupful of pineapple in regular doses can help cure the urinary tract infection.
- Hydrotherapy or drinking plenty of water helps cure urinary tract infection naturally. Drinking eight ounces of water daily is suggested. Hot water fomentation on the lower abdomen also helps reduce the pain caused by the infection.
- Another very effective fighter against UTI is Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps in keeping the bladder healthy by acidifying urine thus preventing bacteria. Vitamin c is easily available from natural sources like bananas, guavas , kiwifruits, melons, pineapples, raspberries, tomatoes, papaya, watermelons etc.
- Cranberry juice is another very effective natural medicine which does not allow the bacteria to stick to the cells that line the tract of the urinary passage. Cranberry juice can be taken directly or mixed with apple juice to enhance the taste.
- Aromatherapy is another effective remedy for urinary tract infection. Oils namely, the sandalwood oil, tea tree oil , bergamot oil, frankincense and juniper oil are all mixed together is rubbed on the area near the bladder. This should be continued for three or four days until the symptoms sober.
- Fresh berry juice is another effective natural remedy for urinary tract infection. People especially women who consume fresh berry juice as part of their regular diet are said to develop immunization against UTI.
- As is said that prevention is better than cure so some of the foods that causes irritation in the urinary tract should be avoided. Spicy food, alcohol, caffeine, cigarette are very harmful. Carbonated fizzy drinks like beer, soda etc. should be abstained by a patient suffering from UTI. Refined flour products like bakery readymade foods together with processed fat and sugar should be avoided.
- Artificial sugar containing Aspartame should be avoided by the patients suffering from UTI. This sort of sugar is mainly consumed by the diabetics.
- Juices are excellent sources of antioxidants and they have the capacity to kill the alien bacteria in our body. Lemon juice, tender juice of coconut, carrot juice, juice of sugarcane are some of the juices if consumed on a regular basis can prevent and control UTI. A cupful of radish juice can also work wonders.
- Shilajit, punarnava, are ideal supplements if taken can cause healing of the urinary tract infection. Chandana is again an effective remedy for urinary tract infection.
- Juice of the banana stem is also a very good remedy for urinary tract infection.
- Tea tree oil and juniper oil mixed with equal proportion of sandalwood oil when rubbed on the abdominal region once a day for a period of three to four days is also a very effective remedy.
- A decoction of boiled blue brinjal leaves cooled and strained and consumed one ounce two times daily is very good to cure UTI.
- Decoction of boiled lotus petals, pink rose petals strained and consumed one ounce three times daily is very good to cure UTI.
- Chameli plant when boiled and cooled and strained and taken internally one a day cures urinary tract infection.