Preparing for pregnancy is another way of stating mentally getting ready for motherhood. It is a decision you take and get your mind and body ready to welcome the new family inmate. This page will serve as a complete guide to telling new mothers, to be expecting mothers, as to what food they can have, what should not be eaten during the nine months of pregnancy.
Apart from this, all mothers and fathers should remember that the new baby is a mirror image of them. The new child whether male or female, will have feelings, emotions, happiness and sadness based on what the mother is experiencing. Learn more about Banking Baby Stem Cells during Delivery.
So, all expecting mothers should make sure to create a peaceful and happy mindset, as that is what the baby is finally able to understand through a stream of brain waves.
Another aspect with regard to diets is that not all types of foods can be consumed during the pregnancy phase. With a detailed research and also the advice and supervision of your gynaecologist, women should plan a regular diet that includes a well balanced combination of nutrients, vitamins, starch, carbohydrates and any medicines as per the doctor’s prescription.
Make note that expecting mothers do not take in alcohol or use tobacco, as that will affect the baby in the womb. Also, under the supervision of a dietician, the food timings, quantities and food items can be altered depending upon the weight, height and physical condition of the mother.
Here we have listed down various aspects that are directly or indirectly connected to pregnancy, motherhood, fatherhood, physical changes during the pregnancy period and much more.
Useful articles & pregnancy calculators
- Symptoms and signs of pregnancy
- Pregnancy due date calculator
- Online interactive pregnancy wheel
- Conception date calculator
- Chinese gender predictor
- Old wives tales & methods of gender prediction
- Understand your weekly journey through Pregnancy
- Signs of labor & its stages
- Fetal development & fetal weight calculator
- Ovulation Date Calculator
- Ovulation Kits - Facts to know
- Importance of prenatal tests
- I want my baby to be born on??
- Breastfeeding tips for new mothers
Conception & due date
- Pregnancy Due Date Calculator
- How is pregnancy due date calculated?
- Due Date: 5 Things to Know
- Due date calculation formula
- Conception Date Calculator
- What are the chances of conception ?
- How to calculate your conception date ?
- 15 Amazing Conception Tips and Facts you must know
- 5 research based interesting facts about Conception
- Understanding the Pregnancy Wheel to know your fetus
- Interactive pregnancy wheel
Exercise, diet & pregnancy lifestyle
- Stay fit exercises during pregnancy
- Benefits of Exercise during Pregnancy
- Yoga during pregnancy
- Risks of obesity during pregnancy, care & precautions
- Food recommended during pregnancy
- Indigestion during pregnancy
- The three trimesters & body changes during pregnancy
- Pregnancy & brain structure change - Preparation for motherhood
- Travel tips for Pregnant Women
- Having twins or multiples - Tips to prepare yourself
- Pregnancy weight gain calculator & weight chart
- Bored during pregnancy? These are few fun things to do
- What you should not do when you are pregnant
Pregnancy & Gestational Diabetes
- Childhood obesity linked to gestational diets
- Gestational Diabetes - Symptoms, Treatments, Prevention
- Gestational Diabetes - Care & precaution before & after pregnancy
- Diabetes during pregnancy - Diet tips & lifestyle recommendations
- Risk of gestational diabetes associated with early mensturaton
- Gestational diabetes & weight gain during pre-pregnancy years
Diseases, discomforts & problems during pregnancy
- Anemia during pregnancy& its implications
- Common pregnancy related problems
- Common discomforts during pregnancy and how to handle it
- Infections during pregnancy and treatment
- Infection in mother during pregnancy & baby’s brain development
- Preeclampsia - Causes, symptoms, treatment & preventions
- Tubular pregnancy - Symptoms, diagnosis, risks & treatment
- Do not ignore these serious medical conditions during pregnancy
- 15 Signs you should not neglect during Pregnancy
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Risks of smoking during pregnancy
- Psychiatric Medications During Pregnancy
- Baby and the womb - Research based facts
- Epilepsy drugs and birth defects
Articles on abortion & miscarriage
- Abortion - Causes & Risks
- Common infections after abortion and how to avoid them
- Dilation & curettage procedure
- Understanding miscarriage in pregnancy
- Recurrent miscarriage – causes and treatment
- Unplanned pregnancy – your options and how to deal with it
More related reading
- Hypnobirthing – a relaxed childbirth
- The Downside of Teenage Pregnancy
- How to wean a baby?
- Tips and advice for soon to be dads