Pregnancy is a phase when you need to celebrate and enjoy every change in your body. Many questions may still ponder in your mind about what to avoid and what not to. But above all these, you need to show off your pregnancy bump with a glowing skin and a healthy lifestyle.
Extra care needs to be taken when reconsidering your skincare routine to maintain healthy and beautiful skin during and post pregnancy. The simple solution to sustain natural glow of your skin is to protect your skin with natural lotions, cream, and massage oils.
Follow these tips for a beautiful and glowing skin:
Moisturize your dry and itchy skin: You need to moisturize your skin at all times especially at this time when the body stretches to make way for the little one. Your skin needs to be soothed and comforted. Try to use a soothing body butter that contains rich cocoa butter to smoothen extra dry skin and provide long-lasting deep moisturisation. This can help in intense hydration and moisturization of the skin.
Rashes and Skin Itches: Well, this is common during pregnancy. Itchy and pregnancy rashes appear along with the stretching of the skin. The rashes are common on abdomen and legs, feet, arms and chest. Since during pregnancy, women sweat more and this may contribute to pregnancy rashes. Always use an anti-rash cream especially infused with the power of herbs that will go a long way to soothe the itching skin and provide moisture, making for a more comfortable pregnancy.
Body Massage: Postpartum massage is very beneficial and offers relief from pain and fatigue other than restoring strength. Not only does it helps improve blood circulation and tones and relaxes muscles but also helps relieve stress and promotes sleep. Try a massage oil with a delightfully delicate Lavender fragrance containing a soothing blend of sesame oil, winter cherry, and country mallow that can be great in healing and relaxing.
Sore nipples: Another concern is sore cracked and bleeding nipples as a result of improper breastfeeding. It is believed that two in ten mothers have sore and cracked nipples. Apart from the severe pain, sore and cracked nipples affect milk production too, since there is not enough suckling. Use a nipple cream that contains Kokum butter, a natural healer that helps deeply moisturize and heal nipples, and virgin coconut oil which smoothens, cools and protects nipple from cracks and fissures.
Useful articles & pregnancy calculators
- Symptoms and signs of pregnancy
- Pregnancy due date calculator
- Online interactive pregnancy wheel
- Conception date calculator
- Chinese gender predictor
- Old wives tales & methods of gender prediction
- Understand your weekly journey through Pregnancy
- Signs of labor & its stages
- Fetal development & fetal weight calculator
- Ovulation Date Calculator
- Ovulation Kits - Facts to know
- Importance of prenatal tests
- I want my baby to be born on??
- Breastfeeding tips for new mothers
Conception & due date
- Pregnancy Due Date Calculator
- How is pregnancy due date calculated?
- Due Date: 5 Things to Know
- Due date calculation formula
- Conception Date Calculator
- What are the chances of conception ?
- How to calculate your conception date ?
- 15 Amazing Conception Tips and Facts you must know
- 5 research based interesting facts about Conception
- Understanding the Pregnancy Wheel to know your fetus
- Interactive pregnancy wheel
Exercise, diet & pregnancy lifestyle
- Stay fit exercises during pregnancy
- Benefits of Exercise during Pregnancy
- Yoga during pregnancy
- Risks of obesity during pregnancy, care & precautions
- Food recommended during pregnancy
- Indigestion during pregnancy
- The three trimesters & body changes during pregnancy
- Pregnancy & brain structure change - Preparation for motherhood
- Travel tips for Pregnant Women
- Having twins or multiples - Tips to prepare yourself
- Pregnancy weight gain calculator & weight chart
- Bored during pregnancy? These are few fun things to do
- What you should not do when you are pregnant
Pregnancy & Gestational Diabetes
- Childhood obesity linked to gestational diets
- Gestational Diabetes - Symptoms, Treatments, Prevention
- Gestational Diabetes - Care & precaution before & after pregnancy
- Diabetes during pregnancy - Diet tips & lifestyle recommendations
- Risk of gestational diabetes associated with early mensturaton
- Gestational diabetes & weight gain during pre-pregnancy years
Diseases, discomforts & problems during pregnancy
- Anemia during pregnancy& its implications
- Common pregnancy related problems
- Common discomforts during pregnancy and how to handle it
- Infections during pregnancy and treatment
- Infection in mother during pregnancy & baby’s brain development
- Preeclampsia - Causes, symptoms, treatment & preventions
- Tubular pregnancy - Symptoms, diagnosis, risks & treatment
- Do not ignore these serious medical conditions during pregnancy
- 15 Signs you should not neglect during Pregnancy
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Risks of smoking during pregnancy
- Psychiatric Medications During Pregnancy
- Baby and the womb - Research based facts
- Epilepsy drugs and birth defects
Articles on abortion & miscarriage
- Abortion - Causes & Risks
- Common infections after abortion and how to avoid them
- Dilation & curettage procedure
- Understanding miscarriage in pregnancy
- Recurrent miscarriage – causes and treatment
- Unplanned pregnancy – your options and how to deal with it
More related reading
- Hypnobirthing – a relaxed childbirth
- The Downside of Teenage Pregnancy
- How to wean a baby?
- Tips and advice for soon to be dads