One of the most beautiful phases in women's life is Pregnancy. As a woman, she experiences many unique changes in her body structure. She may ask a lot of questions than usual about what all needs to be done but all she wants is to keep herself and the baby safe and healthy.
We have compiled some proven scientific health facts that may be useful during the phase of pregnancy:
1. Antibiotics and Pregnancy: Avoid antibiotics during pregnancy to reduce the risk of developing inflammatory bowel diseases. Researchers have confirmed the use of antibiotics to the reduction of gut microbiome - an essential host for the proper functioning of immune. The inability of the gut microbiome to function properly can cause inflammatory bowel disease or any other kinds of complex immune disorders in pregnant women.
2. Avoid using soaps and liquid lotions: This may come as a shock to many but studies have confirmed the environmental levels of triclocarban (TCC), an antibacterial chemical found in personal care products like soaps and lotions to be harmful to babies in the womb during pregnancy. This exposure can transfer to offspring and may interfere with metabolism.
3. Avoid excessive sugar: Use of excessive sugar in the diet during pregnancy makes the baby in the womb to be allergic or asthmatic. This was concluded by the Queen Mary University of London researchers. Please avoid excessive sugar consumption and try to avoid foods, drinks with sugar ratios, honey, syrups, fruit juices and fructose that may cause a postnatal allergic inflammation in the lungs.
4. Oral health: It is important to take care of your oral health and visiting your dentist regularly during pregnancy. A recent study concluded that gum disease has a role in delaying conception. The periodontal disease is a bacterial infection that appears below the gum line and scientists detected this bacteria in the saliva of the women who don't become pregnant in the one year follow-up period. Maintaining a good oral hygiene is recommended for women during this phase.
5. 'No' to High-fat diets: High-fat diets during pregnancy elevates the risk of breast cancer. Not only that high-fat diets increase the resistance to cancer treatment, results in poor cancer prognosis and impairs anti-cancer immunity.
6. Eat a healthy diet: Above all, keep yourself hydrated and eat plenty of fruits, veggies during pregnancy to look blissful.
- Symptoms and signs of pregnancy
- Pregnancy due date calculator
- Online interactive pregnancy wheel
- Conception date calculator
- Chinese gender predictor
- Old wives tales & methods of gender prediction
- Understand your weekly journey through Pregnancy
- Signs of labor & its stages
- Fetal development & fetal weight calculator
- Ovulation Date Calculator
- Ovulation Kits - Facts to know
- Importance of prenatal tests
- I want my baby to be born on??
- Breastfeeding tips for new mothers
Conception & due date
- Pregnancy Due Date Calculator
- How is pregnancy due date calculated?
- Due Date: 5 Things to Know
- Due date calculation formula
- Conception Date Calculator
- What are the chances of conception ?
- How to calculate your conception date ?
- 15 Amazing Conception Tips and Facts you must know
- 5 research based interesting facts about Conception
- Understanding the Pregnancy Wheel to know your fetus
- Interactive pregnancy wheel
Exercise, diet & pregnancy lifestyle
- Stay fit exercises during pregnancy
- Benefits of Exercise during Pregnancy
- Yoga during pregnancy
- Risks of obesity during pregnancy, care & precautions
- Food recommended during pregnancy
- Indigestion during pregnancy
- The three trimesters & body changes during pregnancy
- Pregnancy & brain structure change - Preparation for motherhood
- Travel tips for Pregnant Women
- Having twins or multiples - Tips to prepare yourself
- Pregnancy weight gain calculator & weight chart
- Bored during pregnancy? These are few fun things to do
- What you should not do when you are pregnant
Pregnancy & Gestational Diabetes
- Childhood obesity linked to gestational diets
- Gestational Diabetes - Symptoms, Treatments, Prevention
- Gestational Diabetes - Care & precaution before & after pregnancy
- Diabetes during pregnancy - Diet tips & lifestyle recommendations
- Risk of gestational diabetes associated with early mensturaton
- Gestational diabetes & weight gain during pre-pregnancy years
Diseases, discomforts & problems during pregnancy
- Anemia during pregnancy& its implications
- Common pregnancy related problems
- Common discomforts during pregnancy and how to handle it
- Infections during pregnancy and treatment
- Infection in mother during pregnancy & baby’s brain development
- Preeclampsia - Causes, symptoms, treatment & preventions
- Tubular pregnancy - Symptoms, diagnosis, risks & treatment
- Do not ignore these serious medical conditions during pregnancy
- 15 Signs you should not neglect during Pregnancy
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Risks of smoking during pregnancy
- Psychiatric Medications During Pregnancy
- Baby and the womb - Research based facts
- Epilepsy drugs and birth defects
Articles on abortion & miscarriage
- Abortion - Causes & Risks
- Common infections after abortion and how to avoid them
- Dilation & curettage procedure
- Understanding miscarriage in pregnancy
- Recurrent miscarriage – causes and treatment
- Unplanned pregnancy – your options and how to deal with it
More related reading
- Hypnobirthing – a relaxed childbirth
- The Downside of Teenage Pregnancy
- How to wean a baby?
- Tips and advice for soon to be dads