In case you are planning out a family; it is important to seek acquaintance with some of the fundamentally relevant signs and symptoms of pregnancy so that you can go about it with bells on. As one of the leading milestones of your life, you need to understand its bare essential conditions because pregnancy brings about phenomenal changes in the human physiology.
Relevance of signs and symptoms of pregnancy
Pregnancy makes for sea changes in women. Proper understanding of the same will help you manage the changed physiology with a blend of care, caution and fun. Knowledge of signs/symptoms will put you on alert and you will know when to adopt the necessary precautions. Even if are unaware of the safety measures to be adopted during pregnancy, knowledge of the initial signs of pregnancy and its symptoms will at least oblige you to go in for a pregnancy test.
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy
While some of the symptoms of pregnancy are universally applicable, most may be case specific. They tend to vary from case to case. Consequently, not each and every case is similar. Even the same case or for that matter the same woman may manifest different symptoms with symptoms of the first pregnancy varying from the next. Certain symptoms generally common to pregnancy may also be triggered by other physiological conditions or diseases.
It is also a fact that some women with extra edged sensitivity may readily understand pregnancy symptoms, while others may be pretty ignorant of their occurrence. So, in order to confirm the necessary occurrence of pregnancy, it is important to go for a check test or pregnancy test. But with knowledge, you will know when to go for the clinical confirmation of pregnancy.
So here are some of the symptoms to know that you are pregnant:
- Missed periods is the common symptom of pregnancy: This is the most pertinent signs of pregnancy. With pregnancy you are likely to miss a menstrual cycle. But do bear in mind that a negligible percentage of women continue with their menses throughout the course of pregnancy. Similarly missed period may also be the result of a hormonal shift or imbalance. But if you are planning out a pregnancy do make it a point to remember the first day of your missed period and go for a pregnancy test.
- Spotting : It is common to have spotting or implantation bleeding as one of the earliest sign of pregnancy. It may occur as early as the sixth to the twelfth day of the conception or fertilization. Again this symptom is not universally applicable and many may be oblivious of its occurrence.
- Cramps : Alongside of implantation bleeding, it is common having cramps during the initial stages of pregnancy. The cramps are similar to the cramps occurring during menstrual period. But then conditions including menstruation, switchover to a different birth control pill, infection and injury caused during intercourse may give way to bleeding and cramps.
- Breast changes are noticeable signs of pregnancy : Due to the hormonal changes brought in by pregnancy - soreness, swollenness and tenderness of breast can occur. Areola or the portion surrounding your nipple can darken as a result of pregnancy. As with any other symptom, there is an element of probability as well. Hormonal changes, use or changes brought about in contraceptive pills or factors triggering premenstrual syndrome can also give way to the mentioned changes in the breast.
- Nausea or morning sickness is a common sign of pregnancy : Again the hormonal change or more specifically the changed estrogen contributes to morning sickness. But again, morning sickness may also be caused by other physiological disturbances including stress, fatigue and gastrointestinal diseases.
- Food cravings : Besides nausea and the increased tendency to avoid food, it is common having food cravings of peculiar kinds. But then again isn't specifically pertinent to pregnancy.
- Fatigue and dizziness are signs of pregnancy : Fainting or dizziness ushered in by fall of pressure or that of sugar is one of the pertinent symptoms of pregnancy. Dilation of blood vessel can also give way dizziness. Dizziness can give rise to bouts of fainting and fatigue. Do keep in mind that general conditions of weakness, lower hemoglobin count and physiological tendencies of low pressure can also give rise to dizziness.
- Frequent urination : It is common to urinate frequently during pregnancy. Changes in the hormonal level & pressure of the growing uterus can give way to this symptom.