We all want to look good and having a vibrant and glowing skin is a major step towards it. Having healthy and good looking skin demands some amount of care and nurturing, which includes having a healthy diet, regular cleaning and washing of skin and of course periodically removing dead skin cells that accumulate and take away the shine from the skin.
Due to natural process, there are some skin cells on our body which die and the new ones grow. These dead cells cover our skin and take away the natural shine and glow of the skin. Hence it is very important to cleanse up the remove the dead skin cells , so that the radiant and new cells come to the surface and adds on to the beauty of the skin. The method which has the most efficacy in removing dead skin so is called exfoliation. Exfoliation can be generally carried out on any part of the body but mostly it is done on the facial skin.
Things to be taken care while exfoliating or while removing dead skin
As mentioned, for maintaining the beauty and radiance of the skin, it is important to undergo periodical cycles of exfoliation or dead skin removal process. But remember that you have to be gentle to the skin and it is not a greasy dish to be handled with force or strength. Abrasive products available in the market should be avoided as along with the dead cells, it might remove the healthy and new skin too causing injuries.
Take care of the softer areas of the body with extreme care. Areas like those around the eyes should be very carefully and slowly scrubbed to clean them. In general the facial skin is sensitive and should be dealt with gently. The more harder and rough areas like the legs and buttocks can be exfoliated with more vigor and force for greater efficacy.
You also need to follow the instructions mentioned in the scrub pack to get the best results and take care of any warnings provided there in for safety.
Related Link What causes wrinkles, what are the types of wrinkles
Homemade natural exfoliating methods, natural dead skin removal
Exfoliation is a method that is important to perform and at the same time it is important to perform it with care so that it doesn’t cause any injury or unwanted consequences. It is best to use several of the home made methods for this purpose as they are natural and at the same time effective to a very good extent. Mentioned below are some of them that can help you to get the natural and youthful glowing skin that you always wanted.
Exfoliating facial scrubs
- A very easy and inexpensive way of making a homemade exfoliating facial scrub is to mix organic white sugar with virgin organic olive oil and to create a thick paste out of it, which can be readily applied.
- Baking soda mixed with water also works as an excellent exfoliating agent who can be applied directly to the areas which need them.
- Used coffee seeds when grounded and mixed with olive oil, is another good exfoliating scrub that can be made at home and can be applied once or twice a week.
Exfoliating facial masks
Use of fruits while making a home made exfoliating facial mask is very effective. The reason behind this is the hydroxyl acidic compounds that are present in the fruits in abundance. These agents act as “glue” to attach all the dead cells on the facial skin together, which can be taken off when the mask dries.
- Take a good amount of fruits such as banana, papaya, kiwi pineapple or peach and mash them in a blunder. Mix the paste with small quantities of yoghurt or honey. Apply the mixture to your skin for some 15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Clay is also an excellent exfoliating agent and a mixture with distilled water and glycerin can work very well for oily skins or any type of skin in general.
Exfoliating the body
- The solutions suggested in the article can be used for whole body exfoliation when used in larger quantities.
- Mash some avocados and mix them with corn meal to make a good natural exfoliating scrub which can be used over the body.