Given below is the procedure and dialing codes for making international calls to Australia mobile or land line. While calling to Australia from abroad, the dialing procedure is same whether you are calling from Land phone or cell phone.
The international dialing codes and dialing format to call Australia is :
- Landline: IDD + 61 (Country Code) + Area Code + Recipient's Number
- Cellular: IDD + 61 (Country Code) + 9 Digits Cellular Number
IDD or International Direct Dial code is the exit code and is different for different countries
For example, to call Australia (Central east region) land line from United States, the number format is:
011 + 61 + 2 ? ??? ????
where 011 is the Exit code for United States, 61 is the ISD code for Australia, 2 is the area code for Central east region and ? ??? ???? is the 8 digits TEL # of the recipient.
The International Subscriber Dialing Code (ISD Code) of Australia is 61. ISD code is also know as country calling code.
|Australia ISD Code / Country Code||61|
Calling Australia From Abroad
Use the example below to know the rule for dialing a number in Australia and make international calls to Australia.
To Make International Calls to Australia Dial
|Exit code + 61 + Area code + Telephone Number|
Australia - Emergency Numbers
|000 - Police, Medical, Fire|
|106 - Emergency SMS Number|
|112 - To make emergency call from mobile phone|
Exit code or access code of a country is the code which is necessary to make international calls from that country. Find the access code of the country from which you are dialing before calling Australia. Use the Search box given below to find the area code of various cities and places in Australia.
There are 19 area codes in Australia. Australia area codes usually have 1 digits. While calling Australia from abroad, you need to dial the ISD code followed by the area code and finally the phone number. Given below is a list of area codes for calling Australia's major cities/regions.
* Ignore the number within bracket while calling Australia from another country. The number within bracket is to be dialed along with area code only while calling within Australia
|New South Wales||(0)2|
|Australian Capital Territory||(0)2|
|South east region||(0)3|
|North east region||(0)7|
|Central and west region||(0)8|
When to Call Australia - Time Difference between Australia & Other Countries
While calling Australia, having an idea about the local Australia time at the time of your call will ensure that you are not calling someone during untimely hours. Use the Time Converter given below to know what time it is in Australia. Enter the time in the country from where you are calling Australia and find the corresponding local time in Australia.
The Time Zone Converter
Given below is the current time in Australia. Enter Your Timezone and Change the time in the textbox below to get corresponding time in Australia. You can use this Time converter to find an appropriate time to make international calls to Australia.
How to make international calls to Australia
- How to call Australia from Bosnia and Herzegovina
- How to call Australia from Burkina Faso
- How to call Australia from Canada
- How to call Australia from Comoros
- How to call Australia from Cuba
- How to call Australia from Nicaragua
- How to call Australia from Slovakia
- How to call Australia from Solomon Islands
- How to call Australia from British Indian Ocean Territory
- How to call Australia from American Samoa