Given below is the procedure and dialing codes for making international calls to India mobile or land line. While calling to India from abroad, the dialing procedure is same whether you are calling from Land phone or cell phone.
The international dialing codes and dialing format to call India is :
- Landline: IDD + 91 (Country Code) + Area Code + Recipient's Number
- Cellular: IDD + 91 (Country Code) + 10 Digits Cellular Number
IDD or International Direct Dial code is the exit code and is different for different countries
For example, to call India (Maliya Miyana- Rajkot) land line from United States, the number format is:
011 + 91 + 2829 ??? ???
where 011 is the Exit code for United States, 91 is the ISD code for India, 2829 is the area code for Maliya Miyana- Rajkot and ??? ??? is the 6 digits TEL # of the recipient.
The International Subscriber Dialing Code (ISD Code) of India is 91. ISD code is also know as country calling code.
|India ISD Code / Country Code||91|
Calling India From Abroad
Use the example below to know the rule for dialing a number in India and make international calls to India.
To Make International Calls to India Dial
|Exit code + 91 + Area code + Telephone Number|
India - Emergency Numbers
|100 - Police Assistance|
|102, 108 - Medical, Ambulance assistance|
|101 - Fire department|
Exit code or access code of a country is the code which is necessary to make international calls from that country. Find the access code of the country from which you are dialing before calling India. Use the Search box given below to find the area code of various cities and places in India.
There are 2643 area codes in India. India area codes usually have 2, 3 or 4 digits. While calling India from abroad, you need to dial the ISD code followed by the area code and finally the phone number. Given below is a list of area codes for calling India's major cities/regions.
* Ignore the number within bracket while calling India from another country. The number within bracket is to be dialed along with area code only while calling within India
|Diamond Harbour- Kolkata||(0)3174|
When to Call India - Time Difference between India & Other Countries
While calling India, having an idea about the local India time at the time of your call will ensure that you are not calling someone during untimely hours. Use the Time Converter given below to know what time it is in India. Enter the time in the country from where you are calling India and find the corresponding local time in India.
The Time Zone Converter
Given below is the current time in India. Enter Your Timezone and Change the time in the textbox below to get corresponding time in India. You can use this Time converter to find an appropriate time to make international calls to India.
How to make international calls to India
- How to call India from Finland
- How to call India from Guinea
- How to call India from Montenegro
- How to call India from Netherlands
- How to call India from Sweden
- How to call India from Ashmore and Cartier Islands
- How to call India from Christmas Island
- How to call India from British Indian Ocean Territory
- How to call India from South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- How to call India from Queen Maud Land