How to Call Norway - Calling Norway From Abroad
Given below is the procedure and dialing codes for making international calls to Norway mobile or land line. While calling to Norway from abroad, the dialing procedure is same whether you are calling from Land phone or cell phone.
The international dialing codes and dialing format to call Norway is :
- Landline: IDD + 47 (Country Code) + Area Code + Recipient's Number
- Cellular: IDD + 47 (Country Code) + 8 Digits Cellular Number
IDD or International Direct Dial code is the exit code and is different for different countries
For example, to call Norway (Oslo) land line from United States, the number format is:
011 + 47 + 2 ??? ????
where 011 is the Exit code for United States, 47 is the ISD code for Norway, 2 is the area code for Oslo and ??? ???? is the 7 digits TEL # of the recipient.
The International Subscriber Dialing Code (ISD Code) of Norway is 47. ISD code is also know as country calling code.
|Norway ISD Code / Country Code||47|
Calling Norway From Abroad
Use the example below to know the rule for dialing a number in Norway and make international calls to Norway.
To Make International Calls to Norway Dial
|Exit code + 47 + Area code + Telephone Number|
Norway - Emergency Numbers
|110 - fire|
|112 - police|
|113 - ambulance|
Exit code or access code of a country is the code which is necessary to make international calls from that country. Find the access code of the country from which you are dialing before calling Norway. Use the Search box given below to find the area code of various cities and places in Norway.
There are 12 area codes in Norway. Norway area codes usually have 1 or 2 digits. While calling Norway from abroad, you need to dial the ISD code followed by the area code and finally the phone number. Given below is a list of area codes for calling Norway's major cities/regions.
* Ignore the number within bracket while calling Norway from another country. The number within bracket is to be dialed along with area code only while calling within Norway
|Sogn og Fjordane||57|
When to Call Norway - Time Difference between Norway & Other Countries
While calling Norway, having an idea about the local Norway time at the time of your call will ensure that you are not calling someone during untimely hours. Use the Time Converter given below to know what time it is in Norway. Enter the time in the country from where you are calling Norway and find the corresponding local time in Norway.
The Time Zone Converter
Given below is the current time in Norway. Enter Your Timezone and Change the time in the text box below to get corresponding time in Norway. You can use this Time converter to find an appropriate time to make international calls to Norway.
How to make international calls to Norway
- How to call Norway from Barbados
- How to call Norway from Guinea-Bissau
- How to call Norway from Lesotho
- How to call Norway from Mali
- How to call Norway from East Timor
- How to call Norway from Bouvet Island
- How to call Norway from Jersey
- How to call Norway from Pitcairn Islands
- How to call Norway from Faroe Islands
- How to call Norway from Netherlands Antilles