How to Call South Korea - Calling South Korea From Abroad
Given below is the procedure and dialing codes for making international calls to South Korea mobile or land line. While calling to South Korea from abroad, the dialing procedure is same whether you are calling from Land phone or cell phone.
The international dialing codes and dialing format to call South Korea is :
- Landline: IDD + 82 (Country Code) + Area Code + Recipient's Number
- Cellular: IDD + 82 (Country Code) + 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 Digits Cellular Number
IDD or International Direct Dial code is the exit code and is different for different countries
For example, to call South Korea (Seoul) land line from United States, the number format is:
011 + 82 + 2 ? ??? ????
where 011 is the Exit code for United States, 82 is the ISD code for South Korea, 2 is the area code for Seoul and ? ??? ???? is the 8 digits TEL # of the recipient.
The International Subscriber Dialing Code (ISD Code) of South Korea is 82. ISD code is also know as country calling code.
|South Korea ISD Code / Country Code||82|
Calling South Korea From Abroad
Use the example below to know the rule for dialing a number in South Korea and make international calls to South Korea.
To Make International Calls to South Korea Dial
|Exit code + 82 + Area code + Telephone Number|
Exit code or access code of a country is the code which is necessary to make international calls from that country. Find the access code of the country from which you are dialing before calling South Korea. Use the Search box given below to find the area code of various cities and places in South Korea.
There are 16 area codes in South Korea. South Korea area codes usually have 1 or 2 digits. While calling South Korea from abroad, you need to dial the ISD code followed by the area code and finally the phone number. Given below is a list of area codes for calling South Korea's major cities/regions.
* Ignore the number within bracket while calling South Korea from another country. The number within bracket is to be dialed along with area code only while calling within South Korea
|Chungchong-Nam Do (Province)||(0)41|
|Kyoung-Sang-Buk Do (Province)||(0)54|
|Kyoung-Sang-Nam Do (Province)||(0)55|
|Chulla-Buk Do (Province)||(0)63|
When to Call South Korea - Time Difference between South Korea & Other Countries
While calling South Korea, having an idea about the local South Korea time at the time of your call will ensure that you are not calling someone during untimely hours. Use the Time Converter given below to know what time it is in South Korea. Enter the time in the country from where you are calling South Korea and find the corresponding local time in South Korea.
The Time Zone Converter
Given below is the current time in South Korea. Enter Your Timezone and Change the time in the text box below to get corresponding time in South Korea. You can use this Time converter to find an appropriate time to make international calls to South Korea.
How to make international calls to South Korea
- How to call South Korea from Algeria
- How to call South Korea from Bhutan
- How to call South Korea from Eritrea
- How to call South Korea from Gabon
- How to call South Korea from Iceland
- How to call South Korea from Lesotho
- How to call South Korea from Libya
- How to call South Korea from Saint Lucia
- How to call South Korea from Saint Martin
- How to call South Korea from Northern Mariana Islands