Given below is the procedure and dialing codes for making international calls to United States mobile or land line. While calling to United States from abroad, the dialing procedure is same whether you are calling from Land phone or cell phone.
The international dialing codes and dialing format to call United States is :
- Landline: IDD + 1 (Country Code) + Area Code + Recipient's Number
- Cellular: IDD + 1 (Country Code) + 10 Digits Cellular Number
IDD or International Direct Dial code is the exit code and is different for different countries
For example, to call United States (Arkansas) land line from India, the number format is:
00 + 1 + 501 ??? ????
where 00 is the Exit code for India, 1 is the ISD code for United States, 501 is the area code for Arkansas and ??? ???? is the 7 digits TEL # of the recipient.
The International Subscriber Dialing Code (ISD Code) of United States is 1. ISD code is also know as country calling code.
|United States ISD Code / Country Code||1|
Calling United States From Abroad
Use the example below to know the rule for dialing a number in United States and make international calls to United States.
To Make International Calls to United States Dial
|Exit code + 1 + Area code + Telephone Number|
United States - Emergency Numbers
|911 - Police, Ambulance, Fire|
Exit code or access code of a country is the code which is necessary to make international calls from that country. Find the access code of the country from which you are dialing before calling United States. Use the Search box given below to find the area code of various cities and places in United States.
There are 291 area codes in United States. United States area codes usually have 3 digits. While calling United States from abroad, you need to dial the ISD code followed by the area code and finally the phone number. Given below is a list of area codes for calling United States's major cities/regions.
* Ignore the number within bracket while calling United States from another country. The number within bracket is to be dialed along with area code only while calling within United States
When to Call United States - Time Difference between United States & Other Countries
While calling United States, having an idea about the local United States time at the time of your call will ensure that you are not calling someone during untimely hours. Use the Time Converter given below to know what time it is in United States. Enter the time in the country from where you are calling United States and find the corresponding local time in United States.
The Time Zone Converter
Given below is the current time in United States. Enter Your Timezone and Change the time in the textbox below to get corresponding time in United States. You can use this Time converter to find an appropriate time to make international calls to United States.
How to make international calls to United States
- How to call United States from Congo
- How to call United States from Eritrea
- How to call United States from France
- How to call United States from Iraq
- How to call United States from Marshall Islands
- How to call United States from Moldova
- How to call United States from Solomon Islands
- How to call United States from Tunisia
- How to call United States from Turkey
- How to call United States from Netherlands Antilles