Kids Safety - Safety measures for kids
Unlike the babies of all other animals, human kids are born so helplessly to even survive and protect himself/herself. They need the help of elders so badly to begin with the life in the world. Being unaware of the dangers posed by many worldly elements like water, fire, electricity, vehicles etc., kids may endanger their lives, unless observed and protected by elders.
Parents have to dedicate their time and attention on kids to make them safe everywhere. Keep kids always at the proximity of elders to avoid kids endangering life. Infants require more attention as school going kids can be informed of the possible dangers and also parents can train them the ways of avoiding them.
Some tips for parents
Given below are some safety measures to be followed to keep your kids safe from danger. Indoor and outdoor safety measures to be followed and exercised are listed below.
Tips for Children's Safety at Home
- If you have infants at home, water, fire and electricity are the three most dangerous elements that can threaten the health and life of kids. Kids at the age of one or two may reach for the flames on the oven and burn themselves. When kids are being bathed, be with kids till you finish with. Many parents do the mistake of leaving the bathrooms to pick towel or shampoo after keeping the child in the bathtub. Keep everything ready before you take your baby to the bathtub and leave the room only with your baby.
- Minute level of electric shock can be fatal to kids, especially infants. Keep all the electrical equipments beyond the reach of kids. All the plugs and wires used at home should be insulated properly. Do not let your kids operate instruments like electric oven, television, iron box etc. You can train your children with the ways of operating the commonly used electric equipments.
- Never ever leave kids alone in vehicles. Closed vehicles may suffocate them. Parents have to learn to read the gestures of kids. This will help them to know if there is anything wrong with the baby. They speak through gestures and signs. When they are hungry, when they feel ill, when are uncomfortable, they convey it through different signs.
Kids Outdoor Safety
- Child care experts advise on the necessity of practicing the safety skills with the children. This will serve as a practical lesson for them to avoid and escape from dangers. With school going kids, it is not possible for anyone to be with them always. They may have to move around alone and meet with unsafe situations. Train them on matters like crossing a road, using daily use equipments, dealing with strangers etc. This will help them to learn the lessons of self protection.
- Parents have to be cautious to take the necessary precautions to know where your children are all times. Do not let them go anywhere without your permission. When you do the checkup on your kids about the places they go, let them know it for safety purpose not to execute your authority on them. This will help kids to understand the importance of being safe and letting parent know where they are each time. Help can reach delayed in a dangerous situation if parents are unaware of the location of their children.
- Safety is to be learned from home. Teach your kids their names, name of parent and phone number of home. This will help them to be reaching their parents safe. Teach them the ways of dealing with people and convince them of the importance of informing the parents of the bad behavior from any known or unknown person. Take the kids for a walk in the neighborhood make them familiar with the roads to reach home.
All these minor safety measures help keeping your kid safe and healthy.