West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra on Thursday has called the demonetisation drive started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led National Democratic Allaince (NDA) government a "scam".
- MPs moan over stingy SBI, dry ATMs in Parliament
- Tennis: Ranjeet continues good form, reaches semis
- Prime Minister has lost moral right to continue: Mamata
- Government's demonetisation drive biggest scam: Amit Mitra
- Direct flight between Cyprus, India is our priority: Cyprus minister
- Indian equities surge on positive global cues
- Parliament disrupted again, Speaker warns unruly MPs of stern action
- Around 68% surveyed believe corruption will reduce in 5 years
- Senior BJP leader in Manipur escapes assassination bid
- Mobile health apps not reliable for chronic patients: Study
Reigning national champion V.M. Ranjeet upset top seed N. Sriram 6-4, 2-6, 6-2 to set up a semi-final date with Kaza Sharma in the Premjit Lall Invitational tournament at the Jaidip Mukherjea Tennis Academy here on Thursday.
The demonetisation misery hit hard some MPs on Thursday when the State Bank of India (SBI) branch in Parliament politely refused to give them Rs 24,000 each.
- Breather for over 24,000 illegal Indian workers in Kuwait
- Indigenous advanced Navy LCA will meet operational requirements: Developer
- Vancouver-based band to reveal 'hidden world of bhangra' in a documentary
- Vivo V5 smartphone: Powerful selfie camera, balanced performance
- 'Walking with Nanak' conscious attempt to humanise the saint: Author Haroon Khalid
- RBI says no notes shortage, outside Delhi hundreds face job losses
- All pain, little gain: Demonetisation math does not add up
- Indian Army to increase indigenous rocket regiments
- Rural women are increasingly accessing government hospitals
- Not easy to make films about climate change: Filmmaker Shyam Benegal
Around 68 per cent of Indians surveyed expect that corruption in India will drastically reduce in the next five years, according to citizens connect platform LocalCircles.
BJP election strategist Thounaojam Chaoba and his family members escaped an assassination attempt on Wednesday night when a China-made hand grenade was recovered from the gate of his house, police said on Thursday.
Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray on Thursday said the problems of people had increased a month after the demonetisation decision and peoples' voice was not being heard.
Ending almost four years of uncertainty, Boxing Federation of India (BFI) President Ajay Singh said on Thursday that the country's boxers will get an opportunity to test themselves when the Australian teams (both men and women) arrive here in February to participate in a training-cum-competition event.
The Income Tax department raided the premises of businessman Sekhar Reddy and his associate Srinivasa Reddy here and seized Rs 90 crore cash including in the new Rs 2,000 notes and 100 kg gold, said officials.
Around 8.30 every morning, hundreds of workers arrive at the main bus depot in Noida Phase II, about 30 km from New Delhi. They fan out into the lanes of the neighbouring hosiery complex. With nothing more than a tiffin box in their hands, they begin their daily job hunt.
Slamming Prime Minister Narendra Modi, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday held him responsible for the chaos in the country post demonetisation and said he has lost his moral right to continue in his11 post.
Fresh inflows of foreign funds, coupled with positive global cues and rupee appreciation propelled the Indian equity markets on Thursday.
Parliament failed to function and transact any meaningful business yet again on Thursday as the government failed to find a common ground with the opposition protesting in both the houses.
Depending on smartphone-based health applications for managing chronic conditions or complex health needs may prove to be risky as such apps are falling short on many counts, a study led by Indian-origin scientist has found.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Thursday demanded to know if Prime Minister Narendra Modi will resign if the cash crunch situation did not normalise in 50 days.