Daily National News Updates
A Mumbai builder has allegedly refused to sell a flat to a Mumbaikar on grounds that he was a Marathi, sparking a protest on Friday.
A leak of a chemical, identified as liquid sodium iodide, at the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) early Friday created panic after two cargo loaders complained of skin "irritation" but authorities denied the substance, used to treat thyroid disorders, was radioactive.
An Assam Rifles soldier was injured after a group of suspected militants ambushed a convoy of the security forces, which was moving from Nagaland capital city of Kohima to nearby Jakhama on Friday morning.
Formula 1 driver Daniel Ricciardo on Friday said he is in love with Circuit Gilles Villeneuve here, stating that it is "ridiculous amount of fun" driving through the 4.3 km track.
- Now, Mumbai builder refuses to sell flat to a Marathi
- NSCN-K ambush Assam Rifles again, one injured
- Chemical leaks at Delhi airport, substance not radioactive
- Montreal track is traditional: Kvyat
- ETI Dynamics introduces solar electric hybrid vehicles in India
- Delhi government proposes life term for food adulteration
- Montreal circuit 'ridiculous amount of fun': Ricciardo
- India Inc says GDP figures point to recovery
- Smriti dares Rahul to debate in a war of words
- Cautiously optimistic of Teesta being inked during Modi visit: Envoy
- Voters debunk two party systems in Delhi, Greece, Spain, Scotland
- Malay cuisine perfect for Indian market: Malaysian chef
- India can't do without coal, for now
- Intelligence is anti-evolutionary; good news for some of us
- Suffering from 'Piku' syndrome? Don't sit on it
- Of travel, history and a good measure of science
- Indians marginal polluters, so why cut coal?
- Kashmir guerrillas' latest target - mobile phone operations
- Need to step up fight against smokeless killer
- An app to make residential societies 'smarter'
ETI Dynamics announced the launch of a solar electric hybrid vehicle here on Friday.
India Inc on Friday described as "encouraging" the GDP figures released earlier in the day, saying these confirmed industry's assessment that the economy is showing signs of recovery.
Automotive company, Mahindra & Mahindra on Friday said its net standalone profit during the fourth quarter of 2014-15 declined by 38.61 percent at Rs.550.56 crore against profit of Rs.896.88 crore in the corresponding timeframe in 2013-14.
Coal generates over 75 percent of India's electricity and is among the cheapest energy sources available. Its main advantage over other feasible alternatives is that it is largely immune to interference from nature -- quakes, floods, droughts-economic vagaries and artificial accidents.
What is it like to live out of a backpack, in budget lodgings, and travel along the coastline of the Indian peninsula for over six months? Experience British India get an insight into how Albert Einstein acquired a cult status or clue yourself about exciting careers like robotics. There's much the IANS bookshelf has for you this weekend. Happy reading!
The new poster boy of European politics could well be a pony tailed Pablo Iglesias, in a dark blue denim shirt, 40, leader of Spain's new communist movement, Podemos, which threatens to end the two decade old rule of the right wing Peoples Party. Playing second fiddle to PP in Spain were the socialists. As phenomena, is there a similarity between Iglesias and Arvind Kejriwal of the Aam Aadmi Party?
A war of words broke out on Friday between Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and union HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Twitter over IIT-Madras's censure of a students' group for criticising the Narendra Modi government.
Indian tennis aces Leander Paes and Sania Mirza won their respective matches to advance to the third round of the French Open, the lone clay court Major, here on Friday.
Formula 1 driver Daniil Kvyat said on Friday that the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve here, which hosts the Canadian Grand Prix annually, gives him a feeling of street racing but in a traditional way.
India's largest steelmaker, Steel Authority of India (SAIL) posted a 26 percent fall in its net profit at Rs.334 crore during the fourth quarter of 2014-15 against Rs 453 crore in the corresponding timeframe in 2013-14.
Hindustan Powerprojects announced on Friday it has commissioned the first 600 MW unit of its Anuppur thermal power plant in Madhya Pradesh, saying the company will take lead when the power sector goes on the upswing from 2016.
A new island appeared off the coast of Japan - and scientists are watching it to see evolution at work.
Bangladesh envoy Syed Moazzem Ali on Friday voiced "cautious optimism" on the Teesta water sharing agreement being inked during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's two-day visit to Bangladesh June 6-7.
World football governing body FIFA voted on Friday to elect its new chief - with incumbent Sepp Blatter seeking a fifth term challenged by Jordanian heavyweight Prince Ali bin al-Hussein.