Railway property seems to have become a soft target for Maoists in Jharkhand.
- Bilkis Bano case: SC refuses urgent hearing to convicted Gujarat cop
- Railways are soft target for Maoists in Jharkhand
- Bengaluru eye qualification in crucial AFC Cup game
- Bihar Class 12 results see drastic fall in pass percentage
- Small plane crashes in Somalia's Mogadishu
- Kerala Police directs daycare centres to install IP CCTVs
- Indian online education industry to hit $1.96 bn by 2021
- Government insensitive, failed to make GST gender-sensitive
- CBI arrests Himachal official for graft
- Meghalaya BJP leaders threaten to quit over cattle rules
The Supreme Court on Tuesday refused to hold an urgent hearing on a plea by Gujarat Police officer Ramabhai Bhagora seeking stay of a Bombay High Court order convicting him in the Bilkis Bano gangrape case that took place during 2002 Gujarat riots.
Nearly 70 per cent students who took the Class 12 Science stream exams of the Bihar School Examination Board have failed, while 76 per cent students who took the Arts exam have failed -- thanks to strict measures against cheating, according to results announced on Tuesday.
Hot on the heels of their Federation Cup triumph in Cuttack, an upbeat Bengaluru FC will be eyeing qualification to the next round when they take on Maziya Sports & Recreation in a Group E AFC Cup tie at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium here on Wednesday.
- Kashmir problem limited to just 5 districts: Naidu
- No uptake for rooftop solar in Indian cities
- Russia building first 'floating' nuclear power plant
- A new era of shared clean-energy leadership begins in China
- Need to guard against demographic dividend becoming demographic burden
- How climate change is affecting Kinnaur's apples - and more
- Horror films were a medium for soft porn in India: Director Raman
- Show a single act of divisive agenda: Naidu dares Opposition
- Aggressive CRPF's post-Sukma anti-Maoist strategy notches big success
- Maternal education programmes could improve child learning: Study
A small plane chartered by US contracting firm Bancroft crashed at a Mogadishu airport on Tuesday, witnesses said.
India might be playing a leadership role in bringing the world together for the International Solar Alliance, but it is struggling with the adoption of solar rooftops in its metro cities, a recent study has shown.
Russia is in advanced stages of building the world's first "floating" nuclear power plant (FNPP) for installation in remote areas and hopes FNPP technology will also interest South Asian countries like India.
Leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Meghalaya on Tuesday threatened to quit the party if the Modi government refused to repeal the new cattle trade rules.
With increased internet penetration amid a surge in smartphone ownership, the online education industry in India is poised to hit $1.96 billion by 2021, a joint report by Google and KPMG said on Tuesday.
In a move to ensure safety of kids who are put up in daycare centres, the Kerala Police has directed such centres to install Internet Protocol CCTVs, which will be live streamed.
The key Indian equity indices closed at new highs on Tuesday aided by healthy buying in healthcare, banking and automobile stocks.
Badal Sarkar's powerful desperately probing play about how patriarchal tyranny can destroy all claims of female empowerment has got a brightly-lit searching persuasive incendiary and long-limbed treatment by director Bikas Mishra in "Pagla Ghoda".
Actress Jessica Chastain has voiced her concern about the way women were represented in the movies selected for competition at the 70th Cannes Film Festival.
The makers of writer-director Ruchi Narains "Hanuman Da Damdaar" have composed the soundtrack of the forthcoming animation film in Los Angeles with the help of Oscar-winning film score composer and record producer Hans Zimmer.
The government has ruled out talks with separatists in Kashmir and insists that the problem of violence is limited to just five districts of south Kashmir while the rest of the state is "in peace".
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday arrested a senior official with the Industries Department of Himachal Pradesh for allegedly taking a bribe from a pharmaceutical company owner in Chandigarh.
Congress leader and MP Sushmita Dev on Tuesday slammed the BJP-led central government for being "insensitive" while branding the soon to be rolled out comprehensive indirect tax regime the Goods and Services Tax a failure on "gender-sensitive" issues.
Online marketplace Snapdeal on Tuesday announced that it has crossed 50 million downloads on the Google Play Store.