Russia's Zenit St. Petersburg's football club on Wednesday confirmed that Romania's Mircea Lucescu has been appointed its chief coach.
- Zenit St. Petersburg name Mircea Lucescu as coach
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'
- Measures taken for visitors' safety in Delhi zoo: Centre
- Minor brutally raped in Delhi; DCW chief to send notice to police
- CAB ropes in five major sponsors
- Government approves financial restructure of HSCL
- London growing almost twice as fast as rest of England
- Meldonium users have right to seek participation in Rio
- New Delhi trade policy focuses on Tehran
- Bombings hit US-backed rebels' positions in Syria
A 13-year-old mentally challenged girl is under treatment at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for the past week for critical injuries she received after a sexual assault by a neighbour, police said on Wednesday. The accused has been arrested.
The central government has informed the Delhi high court that Quick Response Teams, additional sign boards and private security guards have been put in place to ensure safety of visitors to the National Zoological Park here.
Lambasting the Trinamool Congress for "unleashing terror to eliminate the opposition", the Left Front and the Congress on Wednesday collectively called for a massive people's movement to 're-establish democracy' in West Bengal.
- After see-saw ride, BJP succeeds in breaking new ground
- 'Incoherent Pakistan policy, Nepal mismanagement cloud Modi's foreign policy'
- Kashmiri separatists join hands to oppose army, migrant enclave plan
- Schemes in place, Modi government seeks to improve delivery, make electoral gains
- End-to-end encryption boon for terror groups in India: Experts
- Acute cinema illiteracy in Assam: Director Bhaskar Hazarika
- Alcohol kills an Indian every 96 minutes
- Yauatcha: A hit-and-miss case of fusion
- Combining traditional wisdom with scientific methods can tackle drought
- 'Like a Rolling Stone': The continuing impact of Bob Dylan
Heena Sidhu shot well for a 384 out of 400 in the Women's 10m Air Pistol qualification round but missed out on a final berth by a point on the concluding day of the Shooting (Rifle/Pistol) World Cup here on Wednesday.
Christie's sold the first four folios of well-known British playwright William Shakespeare on Wednesday, the first four editions of his collected works.
Around 4,000 people in Okinawa rallied in front of the US Kadena Air Base on Wednesday, protesting against the murder of a local woman by a US military-affiliated civilian.
An Indian Army patrol team and unidentified insurgents exchanged heavy gunfire along the international border in Manipur early Wednesday, intelligence sources said. There was no report of any casualty on either side.
Several bombings rocked positions of the US-backed rebels in northern Syria on Wednesday, a monitor group reported.
Russian athletes caught using the banned performance enhancing drug Meldonium but cleared by Russia's anti-doping agency (RUSADA) to return to competitions have the right to participate at the 2016 Rio Olympics, sports minister Vitaly Mutko said on Wednesday.
London is projected to grow almost twice as fast as the rest of England over the next 10 years, the government's National Statistics Office (ONS) reported on Wednesday.
Millionaire businessman tycoon Lord Alan Sugar has been hired as the British government's new enterprise tsar who will campaign to encourage more young people to start their own businesses.
J&K Bank, the state's only listed company, has reported a net loss of over Rs.56. crore in the quarter ended March 31 -- a first in its operational history of 75 years -- largely attributed to bad loans.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Wednesday launched the online cancellation facility for tickets purchased over the counter.
The Africa Day event being organised by the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) here that came under cloud following the murder of a Congolese man in the national capital, will finally be held on Thursday as scheduled.
New Delhi's trade policies have concentrated on Tehran, an Indian official said on Wednesday, adding that India was trying to boost trade exchanges with Iran through chambers of commerce.
The government on Wednesday approved the financial restructure package for Hindustan Steel Works Construction (HSCL).
Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) president Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday announced names of five sponsors who have been brought in to improve the overall cricketing infrastructure in the state.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's peace initiative with neighbouring countries would bear positive dividends for the strife-torn Jammu and Kashmir, Governor N. N. Vohra said here on Wednesday.
BJP president Amit Shah on Wednesday said the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh will be his party's main rival in the assembly polls scheduled for next year as it has strong cadre support.