Daily National News Updates
India's foreign exchange reserves fell by $2.43 billion (provisional) to $315.59 billion in September.
Warning of an impending attack, Iraqi military aircraft Thursday dropped thousands of leaflets on the northern city of Mosul urging residents to avoid strongholds and barracks of the Islamic State (IS) jihadi group, local officials said.
- India's forex down $2.43 bn in September
- Air-dropped Iraqi leaflets warn of attack on Mosul city
- Pakistan appoints new navy chief
- Danish parliament approves sending fighter jets to combat IS
- Pro-Russian militia attacked Donetsk airport: Ukraine
- Substance abuse related to future violence among mentally ill
- IS seizes large part of town in Iraq
- Telangana, Andhra governor joins Clean India campaign
- Kerala launches prohibition policy on Gandhi Jayanti
- Maoists blast mobile phone tower in Bihar
- In Haryana, older women beat men voters in numbers
- A rallyist whom mountains can't slow down
- Punjab wants farmers to grow Basmati
- Goan flavour to Sri Lankan saint's canonisation
- India's zoos: Need for reform
- Indian soldiers' bravery revisited on Haifa Day in Sydney
- Don't urinate in public, Gandhi said way back in 1925
- Durga Puja pandals marry history with tradition
- Goa gets ready for the Exposition, millions expected
- Floods steal prime property tags in Kashmir
Members of the Islamic State (IS) terrorist organisation took control of most of the town of Heet in the Iraqi province of Anbar Thursday, a provincial security source said.
Pro-Russian separatists stormed the international airport in the eastern Ukrainian region of Donetsk after shelling it with artillery and mortar fire, Ukrainian authorities said.
Admiral Zakaullah has been named the next chief of the Pakistan Navy, Geo TV reported Thursday.
Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) became net sellers in the Indian equities market as negative global and domestic cues dented sentiments.
A nearly 100-year-old silent Sherlock Holmes movie starring American actor and playwright William Gillette has been found at the Cinematheque Francaise archive in Paris.
A policy to achieve total prohibition and several environment friendly programmes were launched in Kerala Thursday to mark the 146th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
The recent incident of a youth being killed by a white tiger at the Delhi zoo highlighted the need to restructure and revamp Indian zoological parks, while raising questions over the security of animals and visitors.
President Pranab Mukherjee Thursday said India looked forward to "intensifying" its engagement with Germany as he greeted that nation on the eve of its "Unification Day" (Oct 3).
A study conducted by the University of Buffalo suggests that reducing substance abuse can lessen violent acts by patients with severe mental illness.
Copenhagen , Oct. Oct 2 (IANS) Denmark's parliament Thursday overwhelmingly approved plans to send seven F-16 fighter jets to join the fight against the Islamic State (IS) terrorist organisation in Iraq.
An intense workout for as little as 20 minutes can enhance episodic or long term memory about previous events by about 10 percent in healthy young adults, say researchers.
San Antonio (Texas) Oct 2 (IANS/EFE) An American girl, who was kidnapped by her mother at the age of four and taken to Mexico 12 years ago, has been found and returned to the US, authorities have announced.
Maoists blew up a mobile telephone tower in Bihar's Lakhisarai district Thursday to enforce a 24-hour strike called by them to protest against the alleged killing of their members by security forces, police said.
Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan Thursday participated in the Clean India programme.