Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Al-Abadi vowed on Friday that Iraqi security forces would clear terrorists of the Islamic State militants in his country this year.
- Iraqi PM vows to clear IS this year
- Kate Winslet 'determined' to win BAFTA
- Ferne McCann's vampire facial
- US stocks surge on rising oil prices
- Bieber is not my boyfriend: Hailey Baldwin
- Pope in historic talks with Russian Orthodox leader
- Paris Hilton 'happy' with beau
- UN launches electronic library
- Canada, US, Mexico to cooperate on climate change
- US dollar climbs against yen on upbeat data
Even as Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan says the claims made by analysts on the size of bad loans in the country's banking system border on scare-mongering, official data does not paint a rosy picture -- and even shatters some popular perceptions.
Here's an idea for thoughtful people. Aways carry around a large number of prosthetic limbs, so if you're assassinated the guy who does the chalk outline will be able to create a fascinating piece of conceptual art. Of course, it's obviously better if one doesn't get knocked off, but it's important to be considerate, right?
- A Sanders-Trump clash: A dream for film script writers
- Gujarat didn't wait for Headley, reinstated tainted cops
- Hands up, please, thank you
- Merge ISL, I-League for a lengthy competition: Subrata Paul
- Bad loan clean-up must co-opt 'name, shame' policy
- Jammu and Kashmir may see PDP-BJP government soon
- Attracted to complex, history-changing characters: British author Ben Macintyre
- 'Indian DJs needn't play only Bollywood mixes for survival'
- Death is a touchy subject, but still has a lighter side
- Manufacturing polysilicon can push India's solar energy aspirations
The Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM), a major driving force for the growth of the solar industry, has helped India increase its capacity from a meagre 18 MW in 2010 to 4 GW in 2015.
Virtually everyone has stories to tell about what makes them extraordinary.
Once I worked in a country where officials angrily denied rumors that the premier was dead by announcing that: "His health is normal for a man of his age." So I pointed out in my column that the normal state of health for a 93-year-old was "dead".
Actress Kate Winslet is "determined" to win the Best Supporting Actress at the forthcoming BAFTA Awards, which will be aired on Sunday.
The distress in India's banking system is becoming evident by the day with more of these financing institutions reporting poor results in the third quarter of this fiscal, amid mounting bad loans. What is more, the stress is more pronounced in state-run banks.
A Donald Trump-Bernie Sanders clash in the US presidential elections could be God's Gift to political cinema.
Pakistan-American terrorist David Coleman Headley may now have said that young Mumbai women Ishrat Jahan was an LeT operative. But the Gujarat government did not wait for his claim before reinstating the police officers accused of killing the 19-year-old and three others in an alleged 2004 shootout.