Complaints by New Yorkers over the presence of rats in the city have shot up in recent months, according to latest official figures.
- Rat complaints skyrocket in New York
- Australian state accused of softening on youth crime
- French, US jet fighters destroy IS site in Iraq
- British charities announce biggest donations against dementia
- Venezuela formally sets clocks ahead to save power
- Fire breaks out in Dhaka's largest wholesale market
- Gigi Hadid planning break to stay with Zayn Malik
- Tokyo stocks tumble
- 'The Jungle Book' leads for a third weekend at box office
- Mariah Carey on fish diet
French and US warplanes launched two separate strikes to destroy "an important logistic site" of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq, the French defence ministry said.
Australia's Victoria state has come under fire of softening its stance on youth crime, after introducing laws which make breaching bail no longer an offence for those under 18.
The Venezuelan government announced that it will shift its time ahead by half an hour to save more electricity as an ongoing severe drought has started to drain hydroelectric dams.
- Needling political rivals with graffiti, slogans in Bengal polls
- Changing governments every five years has hurt Kerala: Thomas
- Sikh art exhibit to spread awareness about identity in US
- ISKCON pins hopes on Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow
- Horror of confinement: Inside Kashmir's home for juveniles
- States' rising debt, non-plan spending worries central bank
- The return of the spectre: Is Karl Marx relevant today?
- Key bills and quarterly earnings to influence markets' trends
- Feline fascination: A man with 44 cats
- Softness in US dollar to stiffen rupee
A massive blaze broke out in Bangladeshi capital Dhaka's Karwan Bazar, one of the largest wholesale marketplaces in the city on Sunday night.
Model Gigi Hadid is reportedly taking four months off to move to Britain with her boyfriend and singer Zayn Malik.
Even 15 years after 9/11, Sikhs in the US feel they are more likely to face profiling, bigotry and backlash than the average American because of the two symbols of their distinct identity - beard and turban.
On the outskirts of the city lies an expansive but shabby-looking complex with beige colour walls beside the banks of a mountain stream. This is Kashmir's only correctional facility for juvenile offenders.
Sujit Chakraborty Agartala, April 30 (IANS) The Left-Congress alliance for the West Bengal assembly polls had badly hit Left-ruled Tripura's main opposition Congress, which is heading for a vertical split, political pundits say.
Two of Britain's leading charities have announced their biggest ever donations for research to curb dementia.
Tokyo stocks tumbled from the opening bell on Monday, with the Nikkei down more than 4 percent at one point, as the yen's appreciation against the US dollar after the central bank here opted to hold pat on further easing saw export-linked issues battered.