With nationalised banks palming off the collection of education loan dues to private companies, the PMK will hold a protest here on March 20 demanding a loan write-off, said party leader Anbumani Ramadoss.
- PMK to protest demanding education loan write-off
- Power-drunk Modi government tried to destroy Congress: Sonia
- Santos Laguna top host Puebla 1-0 in Mexican football
- Zidane has full squad available ahead of Girona game
- Karthik aware of Bangladesh's prowess in T20Is
- Zidane says unhappy with Real's opponent in Champions League quarters
- Progress made but economic inequality remains: Krugman on India
- Leopard mortality on rise, 21 more die in March
- 15 die as boat capsizes off Greece
- Geelani is a very big leader: J&K Minister
Spanish football giants Real Madrid's full squad took part in the final training session on Saturday ahead of their La Liga home game against Girona.
Argentine striker Julio Cesar Furch scored in the 79th minute to give first-placed Santos Laguna a 1-0 victory over Puebla at the Mexican football league's Clausura championship.
Real Madrid's French coach Zinedine Zidane on Saturday said he would rather not face his former football team after having drawn Serie A side Juventus for the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals.
- I stand by my allegations against Majithia: AAP MP
- My father thought I'd be back from Mumbai in three months: Neha Dhupia
- I want to break a senior shooting world record now: Mehuli Ghosh
- Pentavalent vaccine: Doctors raise red flag
- LGBT activists slam Kolkata school for accusing students of lesbianism
- Hubris is letting down BJP
- Indian GST system among most complex globally: World Bank
- How a couple took 'Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao' to new heights -- three decades ago
- Evolution dislikes people who are too intelligent, scientists find -- thank God
- Samson eager to perform for Rajasthan Royals, keen to meet Warne
At least 15 people, including five children, drowned on Saturday after a boat carrying refugees and migrants from Turkey to Greece sank off the coast of Agathonissi island in the Aegean Sea, the Greek Coast Guard said.
At least 21 more leopards lost their lives in the first half of March, taking the toll to 127 this year, according to the Wildlife Protection Society of India (WPSI).
Nobel Laureate Paul Krugman on Saturday said India has made rapid progress on the economic front but economic inequality in the country remains an issue.
Jammu and Kashmir Finance Minister and ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leader, Syed Altaf Bukhari said on Saturday that hardline separatist Syed Ali Geelani "is a very big leader".
If one explanation has to be given for the BJP's electoral ills in the Hindi heartland and nearby states, it is arrogance.
Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chairperson Prasoon Joshi on Saturday reflected upon the controversy over Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Padmaavat", and said nobody's voice should be referred to as a "fringe voice".
Arab Parliament President Meshal Al-Selmi has called for an immediate halt to the continued bombing in rebel-held Eastern Ghouta on the outskirts of Damascus and in the rest of Syria.
The UN has appealed for $951 million to meet the needs of nearly 900,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh.
RJD chief and former Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Prasad was admitted to a hospital here on Saturday for treatment after he complained of chest pain.
UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Saturday tore into the "arrogant", "power-drunk", "dictatorial" BJP government, accusing it of using all means to destroy the opposition.
On the eve of the Nidahas Trophy T20 tri-series final against Bangladesh here, veteran India wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik on Saturday refused to take the opponents lightly despite the men-in-blue starting as clear favourites.
Teen shooting sensation Mehuli Ghosh, fresh from bagging two bronze medals at the ISSF World Cup in Guadalajara, Mexico, has now set her eyes on breaking a senior world record by the end of 2018.