Daily National News Updates
Following are the English Premier League standings after Saturday's matches (tabulated under games played, won, drawn, lost, goals for, goals against, points), according to Xinhua.
Western countries' actions during the Ukraine crisis were contrary to democratic principles, said Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov .
Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos said that he expected to secure the release of five hostages next week, including an army general, whose capture by the FARC rebels led the government to suspend peace talks.
- English Premier League standings
- Western actions during Ukraine crisis contradictory to democracy
- Release of army general expected: Colombian president
- Brook dating model James Crabtree?
- Russia calls for free trade zone between EU and EEU
- Messi scores hat trick, becomes all-time highest scorer in La Liga
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' series moves from NBC to Netfilx
- US and Turkey discuss possibility of regime change in Syria
- US condemns Kenya bus attack, terms it 'horrific'
- Heidi Montag wants to age gracefully
- Narinder Batra: Man in a tearing hurry
- Revived traditional irrigation brings joy to Assam farmers
- Indian helping to light up Gambia
- Early warning may not save lives during earthquakes
- Industrialisation, urbanisation killing elephants in Odisha
- Rich elderly in Kerala check into medical-care centres
- Release Of Al Jazeera journalists will confirm regional realignment
- Minister Babul Supriyo's not so auspicious homecoming
- Opulence, Sufi music to ring in Mulayam's 75 years
- Courage over adversity: Cancer bravehearts to run Half Marathon
Narinder Batra, a law graduate from the University of Kashmir, is a powerful organiser. An industrialist with business interests in healthcare, automobiles, renewable energy, transportation, education, oil and gas, has chosen to make a mark for himself in hockey. He is proving to be as autocratic as some of his predecessors had been.
Actress-model Kelly Brook seems to have moved on from her on and off relationship with actor David McIntosh. Brook is reportedly dating a male model James Crabtree.
Young bravehearts who have overcome cancer now want to run in the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon here Sunday and spread the message of triumph of courage over adversity.
Sergi Bruguera, a former World No.3 who twice triumphed at the French Open, feels tennis has changed nowadays and he misses "the variety that was there" during his playing days.
My crystal ball tells me that the three Al Jazeera journalists, incarcerated in Cairo for the past six months, are about to be released.
The gurgling water flowing fast through a traditional canal system that has been revived in water-scarce parts of Assam has brought cheer to farmers who now look forward to a bumper harvest.
Proposals for an earthquake Early Warning System (EWS) for India -- similar to the one successfully tested during the recent quake in California -- is mired in a scientific controversy.
Russia has said that it is in favour of a free trade zone between the European Union (EU) and the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU).
From an insider's view of the world to cinema to seeking gender sensitisation of the judiciary, going through the feeling of homelessness and seeking love in personal life, the IANS bookshelf this weekend covers a broad spectrum. Take a look.