Daily National News Updates
Retired Supreme Court and high court judges should take a two-year "quarantine period" from any posts barring that of a judicial inquiry commission, retired apex court judge K.T. Thomas said Monday.
A benchmark index of Indian equities markets Monday hit a record high of 26,854.08 points, surpassing its previous high of 26,674.38 points of Aug 28.
Trinidadian Richard Thompson won the men's 100 metres at the ISTAF athletics meet here as the Caribbean swept both sprints.
Want to be happy and productive at work? Keep a plant next to your computer.
- Retired judges should stay away from posts: former SC judge
- I hardly have time for myself: Hema Malini
- Green offices make workers happy - and productive
- Thompson, Stewart sweep 100 metres at Berlin meet
- Special team in PMO will fast-track Japanese investment: Modi
- Markets at record high; Nifty crosses 8,000-mark
- Alia Bhatt sets out on 'Shaandaar' journey
- Chanderpaul, Jeffers amongst runs in warm-up against Bangladesh
- Peng Shuai reaches US Open quarters for first time
- Coal block case: Court seeks clarification from CBI
- City walls stand defaced during Delhi Univ. elections
- Indian-Americans pay a price for running convenience stores
- Himachal facing worst financial crisis
- Philippines seeking defence ties with India after China's moves
- Got a cavity? Check whether your dental clinic is infection proof
- CBSE evaluation system needs thorough review: Report
- Laidback Vienna is Indian honeymooner's paradise
- South Korea looking to correct trade imbalance with India: Envoy
- Child crusader's story to inspire the world
- From memory's unmapped isles: A poet on alienation - and nature's rhythms
Shivnarine Chanderpaul warmed up for next week's first Test with a fluent, unbeaten half-century but Shane Jeffers took centrestage with a stunning century, on the second day of the three-day tour match against Bangladesh here.
FC Barcelona found another young hero as a late goal from B-team striker Sandro Ramirez gave them a narrow 1-0 win away to Villarreal to maintain their 100 percent winning start to the Spanish Primera Liga season.
The second round of German Bundesliga season closed with two goalless draws, as spectators in Freiburg and Mainz had very little to cheer about.
Actress Liv Tyler, who has nine-year-old son Milo from a previous marriage, says she is "100 per cent planning" on having more children in the future.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic's hat-trick inspired French Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain to a 5-0 home victory over Saint Etienne, hours after leaders Bordeaux's winning record was ended by a 1-1 draw with Bastia.
Assuring the same quick reaction and proactive response a Japanese investor accorded when he was chief minister of Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Monday announced a special team in his office to fast-track investments from Japan.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was Monday accorded a ceremonial welcome here on the second full day of his five-day visit to Japan, following which India-Japan summit-level talks began.
Actress Jennifer Lawrence's nude photographs are being circulated on the internet space after her phone was reportedly hacked.
A court here Monday asked the CBI whether the rule of law was followed while allocating coal block to industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla.
In developments which could lead scientists to hunt for new drugs to fight heart diseases, researchers have discovered that a substance formed from glucose in the body turns "good" cholesterol into "bad", increasing risk of heart diseases.
Brazil coach Dunga has handed an international recall to former Real Madrid striker Robinho for football friendlies against Colombia and Ecuador.
PSV Eindhoven were the only team to maintain their perfect start of the Dutch Eredivisie football season by beating Vitesse 2-0.
Actress-politician Hema Malini says her multiple responsibilties as a performer, homemaker and her commitment to her constituency Mathura barely leave any time for herself.
On day one of a new month Monday, actress Alia Bhatt began the shooting for her new film "Shaandaar" with Shahid Kapoor.