Be careful when you access your computer over the Internet. Here are some safety tips:
* Install file-sharing software carefully, so that you know what's being shared.
* Person to person (P2P) file-sharing applications will, by default, share downloads in your "save" or "download" folder - unless you set it not to.
* You should also restrict users' ability to write files to the file server.
* Limit guests or anonymous accounts sharing so none can upload files.
* Add a firewall; it will help you decrease the risk of someone accessing your computer illegally.
* Use anti virus software and update it regularly.
(Nabeel A. Khan can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)