Several students, including foreigners, of an international school had a narrow escape here Sunday when their hostel room caught fire, an official said.
The fire was reported from Lancers International School in DLF Phase 5 area.
Gurgaon Chief Fire Officer Mahender Bhardwaj told IANS that the fire broke out at 8 a.m. following a short circuit in the air conditioner. The curtains caught fire and the flames spread rapidly.
"The smoke spread to another rooms where 14 students including eight Koreans were sleeping. They were evacuated after breaking windows as their rooms were locked from inside," Bhardwaj added.
He said no one in the school knew how to operate their own fire fighting system.
No one was injured. All the escaped students were in the age group of 12 to 14 years. The school authorities declined to speak to the media.