Badminton World No.1 Lee Chong Wei Friday said he will continue to play badminton at least another two years after settling down with his long term girlfriend, Wong Mew Choo.
He and Wong, a Malaysian top singles badminton player, are due to wed Nov 9 and 10 here, reports Xinhua.
"My badminton career will not change. I will be competing in the Hong Kong Open and the Macau Open Championships but not the China Open because I haven't been practising because of the wedding," Lee told a press conference after revealing details of his wedding ceremony.
"I want to perform for another two years. The burden is huge but I would like to compete at least at the coming Asian Games and the Commonwealth Games and gear up for the World Championships next year," Lee said.
Chong Wei had announced the nuptial plans last month before he defeated China's Du Pengyu to win his second Denmark Open title two weeks ago.
His arch rival and World No.2 Lin Dan from China, said earlier he would be absent from Chong Wei's wedding ceremony.