Riquelme flags Boca return

Syndicated from IANS | Published on Wed, Nov 14 2012 12:18 IST | 1 Views | Add comment

Former Argentina international midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme has flagged the possibility of a comeback with Boca Juniors.

Riquelme quit the Buenos Aires club in July after a 1-3 aggregate loss to Brazil's Corinthians in the Copa Libertadores final, reports Xinhua.

But the 34-year-old said he was open to a return, provided the club wanted him.

"If Boca needs me then I am available," said Riquelme Tuesday.

"By the middle of December I will make a decision. I have to know first if they want me then I will sit down with them and make a decision."

The former Barcelona and Villarreal star said the four-month break from football had left him "in better physical shape than six months ago."

"I am feeling good and have been enjoying things that I previously wasn't able to do," Riquelme said.

Add Your Comment

Enter your name and email below and post your comment.

Enable Images

Visitor Comments

There are no comments. Be the first one to add a comment.