1. DUBAI - THE MIRAGE THAT REALLY WAS THERE..!
(Pictured) A "supermoon" is seen over Dubai.
2. There was always something very extraordinary about this city -- its magnificence and incredible infrastructure -- marked by all things extravagant that lead up to the creation of a man-made wonder.
(Pictured) The hotel Burj Al-Arab, literally Arabian tower, is seen during sunset in Dubai.
3. Board an Emirates flight and comfort and luxury set in as you prepare to take off. You land at a spectacular airport, drenched in glitz and pomp. This is Dubai, the city that literally spells luxury.
(Pictured) The biggest passenger aeroplane in the world, the A380, arrives to Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas airport in Madrid, Spain. The plane starts a new regular service Madrid-Dubai for Emirates Airline.
4. Dubai is all about thrills and adrenaline rush as its many architectural wonders, starting from the Burj Khalifa itself, keep you enchanted in some sort of a spell.
5. More than anything else, Dubai seems a very happy city. It is no contradiction of the age-old saying, "Money cannot buy happiness", but if money is invested in the pursuit of a sound lifestyle, it may. Dubai lives by this example.
Dubai's Global Village
6. A surreal melting pot of culture.
(Pictured) Set right on the beach behind Sunset Mall here, Etisalat Beach Canteen is the unmissable, free-to-attend Dubai Food Festival beach club.
7. Despite its massive progress, snapshots of its ancient past are visible in the lanes of old Dubai. The architecture and facades of several houses as well as mosques is a walk down the pages of history.
8. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi meets the Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE, HH Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, at Zaâbeel Palace, Dubai.
9. A spectacular LED illumination of the Indian National flag on BurjKhalifa on the eve of 68th Republic Day in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. (Photo Courtesy: Burj Khalifa/Twitter)
10. The Dubai Museum, situated in Bur Dubai and housed in the 18th century Al Fahidi fort provides a complete travel into centuries of this gulf. The museum has several galleries that depict the life around Dubai over the past 5,000 years of a trading settlement, through the oil boom and finally the current skyscraper world.
(Pictured) British Red Arrows Aerobatics Team perform during the Dubai Air show, in Dubai.
11. And then there is the shopper's paradise, the largest mall in the country, the Dubai Mall. It is a town in its own right. All the brands one can ever imagine are here under one roof. There is also a beautiful aquarium-cum-watertank inside the mall, which contains diverse fish species and an ice skating ring, all things to keep you occupied for the three-four hours (minimum) that you spend inside.
(Pictured) An impression drawing of the Warner Bros. family park of Abu Dhabi. The new Warner Bros. themed fun and adventure park is set to open in Abu Dhabi by 2018 on Yas Island near the capital.
12. Where else, for instance, can you watch some sequence of the "Fast and Furious" come alive before your eyes? At around midnight on the road leading to the Deira City Centre, one saw Ferraris and Lamborghinis racing each other at top speeds. And if you thought the speed and noise was too much for the time, rest assured that the city offers enough solitude for one to relax.
(Pictured) A team of Bugatti Veyron takes part in a round-the-city parade in Dubai.
13. (Pictured) Display of a gold-plated motorcycle at the International Motorcycle Exhibition held in Abu Dhabi.
14. Coronet's diamond guitar, which sets a Guinness World record for "Most Valuable Guitar", is shown in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). The guitar is decorated with over 400 carats of diamonds set in approximately 1.6 kilograms of gold. The showpiece is estimated to be worth 2 million US dollars.
15. American singer, songwriter, and actress Lady Gaga performs during a concert in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
16. High-rise buildings are common in most metropolitan cities today but Dubai is at an altogether different level. If one were to take a count, the average number of storeys in high-rise buildings here would probably be close to 50, and the city is extremely well planned.
(Pictured) The night view of Dubai. Dubai has procured the right to host World Expo 2020 from the 154th General Assembly of the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) in Paris.
17. A stunning laser and digital 3D display accompanied by spectacular choreographed music organised at the worldâs most luxurious hotel Burj Al Arab as it celebrated 42nd United Arab Emirates (UAE) National Day in Dubai
18. (Pictured) The world's first functional 3D printed building in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The world's first functional 3D printed building, which was inaugurated on May 23 in Dubai, is an office space covering up to 250 square metres, with its exterior design reflecting "the most innovative forms of the future workplace,"
19. Everything about this city seems straight out of Hollywood sequences, amazing you in more ways than you can think of. Not only does this city win you over but it creates a lasting impression on you, prompting the thought of a second visit as soon as you leave. Dubai must remain on your bucket list.
20. The Dubai Cityline