Ever had a fantasy to travel back in time and experience the royalty and culture of India in the comfort of running wheels? Well, opt for luxury train travel in India that may exceed your expectations.
You'll be delighted with startling interiors, stringent security arrangements and royal ambience as you enter into this majestic world of luxury train travel, and as you treat yourself with the dazzling visuals of India through the windows of these luxury trains.
From mountainous terrain or the long stretches through the Rajasthan desert to the lows of the Indian Desert and the highs of the Aravalli range, Indian Railways being the largest railway network in Asia covers every part of India.
Explore your options with these luxury trains in India for a perfect getaway:
1. "PALACE ON WHEELS" - ESCAPE TO RAJASTHAN ROYALTY IN STYLE!: One of the most luxurious train journeys in India, PALACE ON WHEELS offers a week-long trip from the capital city Delhi to the vibrant state of Rajasthan before arriving back to Delhi. The centralized AC coaches come with the interconnected telephone system, soothing four channel music, comfortable coupes with the privacy of attached bathrooms, individual lounge coach and exquisite wallpapers with a display of local culture by artistic use of paintings and handicrafts. Passengers can give their taste buds a treat with the exotic Indian, Continental and Rajasthani cuisine at the two specialty restaurants - Maharani and Maharaja. What more, a well-stocked bar and a friendly warm staff round the clock, you can be sure to have a time of your life!
Places/Attractions Covered: Jaipur, exotic land of Chittaurgarh, Lake City of Udaipur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, Red stone city of Fatehpur Sikri and Taj Mahal at Agra.
2. DECCAN ODYSSEY -A VISIT TO THE HIDDEN TREASURES OF GUJARAT AND MAHARASHTRA: A 5-star marvel on wheels, DECCAN ODYSSEY recreates the era of kings with palace-like interiors while taking you to some fascinating destinations of India. Luxury amenities inside the coach includes multi-cuisine restaurants, lounges, a conference car,six-channel music, TV, DVD, massage-cum-beauty parlor, cyber cafe, a bar, sauna bath, Gymnasium, Library, Money exchange facility, Credit cards, business center and an exclusive onboard spa. The onboard services are administered by the staff of Taj Group of Hotels.
Places/Attractions Covered: Splendor Package covers the cities of Mumbai, Ellora Caves, Ajanta Caves, Kolhapur, Ratnagiri
Indian Odyssey covers Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Vadodara, and Mumbai
Jewels Of the Deccan covers Mumbai, Bijapur, Hampi, Hyderabad, Ellora Caves and the famous Ajanta Caves
3. HERITAGE ON WHEELS - LUXURIOUS RAJASTHAN GETAWAY!-: A route through the sand dunes and camels, HERITAGE ON WHEELS with its plush and luxuriously appointed coaches takes you to the undulated plains of Bikaner and Shekhawati, which are the major traditional sites of Rajasthan. The majestic coupes are decorated with ethnic furniture that reminds you of the lavishness of the royal era. Bar Cum Lounge, the Lounge and security at doorsteps are some of the facilities inside this luxury train.
Places/Attractions Covered: Jaipur, Bikaner, Tal Chhapar, Shekhawati
4. Golden Chariot -GLIMPSE OF THE SPLENDOUR OF SOUTH INDIA!: Awarded for its impeccable hospitality, the luxury train with its royal interiors takes you to the lush and plush places of South India. The coaches comes with bars, restaurants serving multi-variety cuisines, mini gym and an exclusive ayurvedic spa
Places/Attractions Covered: Pride of the South Package covers Bangalore, Mysore, Hassan, Hampi and Goa.
Southern Splendour Package covers Bangalore, Chennai, the famous Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry, Thanjavur, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Alleppey and Kochi.
5. Maharajas’ Express -LEGENDARY HOLIDAY TRAVEL TO INDIA'S TOP DESTINATIONS: Voted 'World's Leading Luxury Train' for three years in a row, Maharajas’ Express boasts of high-quality travel with impeccable hospitality. The train has all the world class facilities with fully stocked bars, lavish suites, butler services and a spa.
Places/Attractions Covered: The Heritage of India package covers Mumbai, Ajanta, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Agra and Delhi
Gems of India covers the cities of Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore and Jaipur
The Indian Panorama covers Delhi, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Fatehpur Sikri, Agra, Gwalior, Khajuraho, Varanasi, and Lucknow.