Garnet and Serpent Stone are the birth stones for the month of January. Scroll down to read more about these stones. Characteristics and types of Garnet and Serpent Stones, influence of these stones on people and the healing powers of January birth stones are given below.
|U.S Culture Based Birthstone||Garnet|
|British Culture Based Birthstone||Garnet|
|Vedic Culture Based Birthstone||Serpent Stone|
About Birthstone Garnet
Garnet is a popular gemstone that belongs to the group of silicate minerals. It is generally pear shaped and wine red in color. There are different species of Garnet being used worldwide that possess same crystal form and physical properties but each has its own unique chemical composition. Garnet is traditionally a birthstone for those born in the month of January. It is found in variety of colors that includes red, yellow, orange, brown, green, pink, blue, black and even some are even colorless. Garnet also shows a vitreous or glassy lustre. Some of the common varieties of Garnets are Almandine Garnet, Grossular Garnet, Andradite Garnet, Spessartine Garnet, Pyrope Garnet and Uvarovite Garnet.
Influence of Garnet on People:
- Garnet is a lucky stone that brings love and success in people’s life.
- It possesses energy that ensures success in business ventures and relationships. It is also referred as the ‘travellers’ stone’.
- Ushers in wealth, fame and prosperity
- It helps in curing several body ailments and psychological illness.
- Garnet gemstone is believed to be particularly lucky for women.
- It is also known to reenergize and clean the chakras.
- It also stimulates sexual potency and kundalini energy.
- Garnet is effective in dealing with hostile forces and reduces enmity and tension caused by the same.
Healing Powers of Garnet:
- Garnet possesses medicinal abilities that help in reducing body toxins. It stimulates metabolism and helps in treating cellular and spinal disorders.
- It also regenerates DNA and helps in purification of blood, lungs and heart.
- The use of Garnet also offers a protective influence and calming stability. Its use has shown to heal emotional problems.
- Garnet gemstone is used to treat a depressed state of mind and alleviate bad dreams. The healing energy in Garnet helps to maintain a balance in the energy system which in turn uplifts attitude and stimulates desires.
- Protects against disease and poisonous bites.
About Serpent Stone
Serpent Stone is known to be the birthstone for those born in the month of January, according to the Hindu calendar. It is better known as ‘snake stone’ or ‘black stone’ as this gemstone resembles the skin of the snake. Serpent Stone is easily found in South Africa, New Zealand, USA, China, England and Afghanistan. Serpent Stone is available in diverse color options Such as red, brown-red, green, brown-yellow and white. Serpent Stone displays a greasy or fibrous appearance. Serpent Stone is worn as an amulet to guard against snake bite. The different varieties of Serpent Stone include Asbestos, Bowenite, Garnnierite, Ricolite, Satalite and Williamsite to name a few.
Influences of Serpent Stone on People:
- Serpent Stone is used to heal snake bites and guards against other poisonous creatures.
- Serpent Stone helps in balancing mood swings.
- It encourages the ability to resolve inner conflicts of mind.
- Nursing women even use Serpent Stone to normalize their milk supply.
- Serpent Stone regulates the kundalini energies and also clears any blocked chakras.
- Serpent Stone is also used as a cure for diabetes as it stimulates the absorption of calcium and magnesium in the body.
- Serpent Stone is excellent for cellular regeneration and helps to boost energy.
- It is also used for meditation and helps to relax overall nature.
Healing Powers of Serpent Stone:
- Serpent Stone calms the mind and helps to find one’s inner peace. It is placed directly on the skin to benefit its healing properties.
- It helps to heal stomach and kidney complaints and also offers respite from menstrual pain and cramps.
- This gemstone is also known to alleviate mood swings and is helpful in dealing hectic or stressful situations.
Monthwise & Zodiac Sign Based Birthstones
Below given is the link to monthwise and zodiac sign based list of birthstones. Click a link to find details about the birthstone for each month and each zodiac sign.
Know your birthstone based on your birthday
Enter your birth date and time of birth to find the right birth stone for you.