Panchang is the astrological daily calendar based on the Indian calendar. Daily panchang is one of the most popular reference manual for astrologers and people of the hindu community who rely on a day's planetary position to determine auspicious timing, festivals, vrats etc...
Today's Panchang • आज का पंचांग
Wednesday, July 18 2018 - Panchang today at a glance. Scroll down for detailed hindu panchang.
Tithi today - Saptami
Nakshatra - Hasta upto 22:23 PM followed by Chitra
Yoga - Siva upto 00:09 AM followed by Siddha
Karana - Garija upto 16:31 PM followed by Vanija
Rahukaal - 01:16 PM to 03:04 PM
Chandra Rashi - Moon transits through Kanya Rashi .
Indian Civil calendar Ashadha 27, Saka samvat 1940
Vikram samvat 2075, Ashadha (Amanta) Shukla paksha Saptami, Wednesday
Hijri date Zul-Qaadah 5 1439
Dakshinayan, Drik Ritu Varsha (Monsoon).
To change date or place, click here
Ashadha - 5
July - 18
- Sunrise — 6:03 am
- Sunset — 8:28 pm
- Ayana — Dakshinayan
- Sukla Paksha Saptami — Jul 18 05:06 AM – Jul 19 04:06 AM
- Hasta — Jul 17 10:49 PM – Jul 18 10:23 PM
- Chitra — Jul 18 10:23 PM – Jul 19 10:39 PM
- Garija — Jul 18 05:06 AM – Jul 18 04:31 PM
- Vanija — Jul 18 04:31 PM – Jul 19 04:06 AM
- Siva — Jul 18 02:04 AM – Jul 19 12:09 AM
- Siddha — Jul 19 12:09 AM – Jul 19 10:48 PM
- Moonrise — Jul 18 12:16 PM
- Moonset — Jul 19 12:29 AM
- Rahu 01:16 PM – 03:04 PM
- Yamaganda 07:51 AM – 09:39 AM
- Gulika 11:27 AM – 01:16 PM
- 12:47 PM – 01:44 PM
- 06:28 AM – 08:05 AM
- Abhijit Muhurat — Nil
Amrit Kaal —
- 1. Jul 18 16:29 – 18 18:04
- Brahma Muhurat — 04:27 AM – 05:15 AM
- Anand Upto - Jul 18 10:23 PM
- Kaal (Kaaladanda)
- Amanta — Ashadha 5, 2075
- Purnimanta — Ashadha 20, 2075
- Saka — Ashadha 27, 1940
- Vedic Ritu — Grishma (Summer)
- Drik Ritu — Varsha (Monsoon)
- Shaiva Dharma Ritu — Nartana
- Siddha Upto - Jul 18 10:23 PM
- 1. Dhanishta Last 2 padam, Shatabhisha , Purva Bhadrapada First 3 padam
- Disha Shool — North
- Prithvi (Earth)
- Rahukala Vasa — South-West
Chandra Vasa —
- Sarvartha Siddhi — Jul 18 06:03 AM – Jul 18 10:23 PM
Choose a Date to Find Panchang
Get Hindu Panchang for USA, UK, India, Canada or any country/city. Enter date and city name and click submit button.
Upcoming Hindu Festivals & Vrat/Upavas Days
Hindu festivals and important vrats / upavas coming up during the next 30 days is given below.
|Durga Ashtami Vrat||July 19|
|Ashadha Gupta Navratri Ends||July 20|
|Shayani Ekadashi||July 23|
|Bhauma Pradosh Vrat||July 24|
|Pradosh Vrat||July 24|
|Jaya Parvati Vrat||July 24|
What is Panchang? What is its importance?
Panchang or Panchangam is a daily hindu calendar which is based on the position of celestial bodies. Panchang presents important astrological data in a tabulated form and provides valuble information to astrologers and anyone practicing astrology. Panchang plays an important role in choosing the right day and time, ie., shubh muhurat for performing rituals in a traditional Hindu society.
Panchang is a sanskrit word meaning Five Limbs. These five limbs represent five sources of energy, both visible and invisible, as denoted by these segments in a day. Location, Time Zone, Time and Date etc... are very important in determining the accurate panchang for a particular day. Panchangam refers to the five attributes of the day - Tithi (lunar day), Yoga (luni-solar day), Vara (week day), Nakshatra (constellation), and Karana (half of a lunar day). The most appropriate time which ensures proper balance of the five attributes is known as Muhurtham or Muhurat. A Panchangam is used by astrologers to determine auspicious timings for various social and religious events.
Panchang may be different for two different places even for the same time. 2018 Panchang USA is different from Panchang UK even though the same time and date is selected. Even places within US may have different Panchang for the same time.