Panchang is the astrological daily calendar based on the Indian calendar. Daily panchang is one of the most popular reference manual for astrologers and people of the hindu community who rely on a day's planetary position to determine auspicious timing, festivals, vrats etc...
Today's Panchang • आज का पंचांग
Saturday, November 17 2018 - Panchang today at a glance. Scroll down for detailed hindu panchang.
Tithi today - Dashami
Nakshatra - Purva Bhadrapada
Yoga - Vyaghata upto 08:30 AM followed by Harshana
Karana - Taitila upto 14:19 PM followed by Garija
Rahukaal - 09:27 AM to 10:41 AM
Chandra Rashi - Moon transits through Kumbha before entering Meena Rashi 23:33 PM .
Indian Civil calendar Kartika 26, Saka samvat 1940
Vikram samvat 2075, Kartika (Amanta) Shukla paksha Dashami, Saturday
Hijri date Rabi-Al-Awwal 8 1440
Dakshinayan, Drik Ritu Hemant (Prewinter).
To change date or place, click here
Kartika - 10
November - 17
- Sunrise — 6:59 am
- Sunset — 4:49 pm
- Ayana — Dakshinayan
- Sukla Paksha Dashami — Nov 17 01:24 AM – Nov 18 03:03 AM
- Purva Bhadrapada — Nov 17 03:56 AM – Nov 18 06:01 AM
- Taitila — Nov 17 01:24 AM – Nov 17 02:19 PM
- Garija — Nov 17 02:19 PM – Nov 18 03:03 AM
- Vyaghata — Nov 16 07:59 AM – Nov 17 08:30 AM
- Harshana — Nov 17 08:30 AM – Nov 18 08:32 AM
- Moonrise — Nov 17 02:15 PM
- Moonset — Nov 18 01:51 AM
- Rahu 09:27 AM – 10:41 AM
- Yamaganda 01:08 PM – 02:22 PM
- Gulika 06:59 AM – 08:13 AM
- 08:18 AM – 08:57 AM
- 10:53 AM – 12:37 PM
- Abhijit Muhurat — 11:35 AM – 12:14 PM
Amrit Kaal —
- 1. Nov 17 21:48 – 17 23:32
- Brahma Muhurat — 05:23 AM – 06:11 AM
- Kaal (Kaaladanda) Upto - Nov 18 06:01 AM
- Dhumra (Thumra)
- Kumbha — Upto - Nov 17 11:33 PM
- Amanta — Kartika 10, 2075
- Purnimanta — Kartika 24, 2075
- Saka — Kartika 26, 1940
- Vedic Ritu — Sharad (Autumn)
- Drik Ritu — Hemant (Prewinter)
- Shaiva Dharma Ritu — Jivana
- Marana Upto - Nov 18 06:01 AM
- 1. Punarvasu Last 1 padam, Pushya , Ashlesha
- Disha Shool — East
- Patala (Nadir)
- Rahukala Vasa — East
Chandra Vasa —
- West upto 17 - 23:33
Choose a Date to Find Panchang
Get Hindu Panchang for USA, UK, India, Canada or any country/city. Enter date and city name and click submit button.
Upcoming Hindu Festivals & Vrat/Upavas Days
Hindu festivals and important vrats / upavas coming up during the next 30 days is given below.
|Kansa Vadh||November 17|
|Prabodhini Ekadashi||November 18|
|Tulsi Vivah||November 19|
|Vishweshwar Vrat||November 20|
|Pradosh Vrat||November 20|
|Bhauma Pradosh Vrat||November 20|
What is Panchang? What is its importance?
Panchang or Panchangam is a daily hindu calendar which is based on the position of celestial bodies. Panchang presents important astrological data in a tabulated form and provides valuble information to astrologers and anyone practicing astrology. Panchang plays an important role in choosing the right day and time, ie., shubh muhurat for performing rituals in a traditional Hindu society.
Panchang is a sanskrit word meaning Five Limbs. These five limbs represent five sources of energy, both visible and invisible, as denoted by these segments in a day. Location, Time Zone, Time and Date etc... are very important in determining the accurate panchang for a particular day. Panchangam refers to the five attributes of the day - Tithi (lunar day), Yoga (luni-solar day), Vara (week day), Nakshatra (constellation), and Karana (half of a lunar day). The most appropriate time which ensures proper balance of the five attributes is known as Muhurtham or Muhurat. A Panchangam is used by astrologers to determine auspicious timings for various social and religious events.
Panchang may be different for two different places even for the same time. 2018 Panchang USA is different from Panchang UK even though the same time and date is selected. Even places within US may have different Panchang for the same time.