Panchang is the astrological daily calendar based on the Indian calendar. Daily panchang is one of the most popular reference manual for astrologers and people of the hindu community who rely on a day's planetary position to determine auspicious timing, festivals, vrats etc...
Today's Panchang • आज का पंचांग
Hindu panchang May 17, 2022, Tuesday - Jyeshta Krishna Paksha Pratipada, Rakshasa samvatsar Vikram samvat 2079, Shaka samvat Subhakrit 1944, Vaisakha. Today is Narada Jayanthi. Location Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh, India
Panchang today at a glance - Tithi Pratipada upto 06:25 AM then Dwitiya upto 03:00 AM then Tritiya. Nakshatra Anuradha upto 10:46 AM then Jyeshta. Yoga Siva upto 10:37 PM followed by Siddha. Karana Kaulava upto 06:25 AM, then Taitila upto 04:43 PM, then Garija upto 03:00 AM, then Vanija. Today rahukaal is from 03:40 PM to 05:19 PM. Moon is in Vrischika Rashi.
- Vikram Samvat - 2079, Rakshasa
- Shaka Samvat - 1944, Shubhakrit
- Purnimanta - Jyeshta
- Amanta Month - Vaisakha
- Krishna Paksha Pratipada - May 16 09:44 AM – May 17 06:25 AM
- Krishna Paksha Dwitiya [ Tithi Kshaya ] - May 17 06:25 AM – May 18 03:00 AM
- Krishna Paksha Tritiya - May 18 03:00 AM – May 18 11:37 PM
- Anuradha - May 16 01:18 PM – May 17 10:46 AM
- Jyeshta - May 17 10:46 AM – May 18 08:09 AM
- Kaulava - May 16 08:06 PM – May 17 06:25 AM
- Taitila - May 17 06:25 AM – May 17 04:43 PM
- Garija - May 17 04:43 PM – May 18 03:00 AM
- Vanija - May 18 03:00 AM – May 18 01:18 PM
- Siva - May 17 02:31 AM – May 17 10:37 PM
- Siddha - May 17 10:37 PM – May 18 06:44 PM
- Mangalwar (Tuesday)
- Sunrise - 5:48 AM
- Sunset - 6:57 PM
- Moonrise - May 17 8:34 PM
- Moonset - May 18 7:27 AM
- Rahu - 3:40 PM – 5:19 PM
- Yamaganda - 9:06 AM – 10:44 AM
- Gulika - 12:23 PM – 2:02 PM
- Dur Muhurat - 08:26 AM – 09:19 AM, 11:17 PM – 12:01 AM
- Varjyam - 03:46 PM – 05:11 PM
- Abhijit Muhurat - 11:56 AM – 12:49 PM
- Amrit Kaal - 12:19 AM – 01:44 AM
- Brahma Muhurat - 04:12 AM – 05:00 AM
- vajra Upto - 10:46 AM
- Sun in Vrishabha (Taurus)
- Moon travels through Vrischika (Scorpio)
- Amanta - Vaisakha
- Purnimanta - Jyeshta
- Saka Year (National Calendar) - Vaisakha 27, 1944
- Vedic Ritu - Vasant (Spring)
- Drik Ritu - Grishma (Summer)
- 1. Ashwini , Bharani , Krithika First 1 padam
- 1. May 17 10:46 AM – May 18 08:09 AM (Jyeshta)
Choose a Date to Find Panchang
Get Hindu Panchang for USA, UK, India, Canada or any country/city. Enter date and city name and click submit button.
Upcoming Hindu Festivals & Vrat/Upavas Days
Hindu festivals and important vrats / upavas coming up during the next 30 days is given below.
What is Panchang? What is its importance?
Panchang or Panchangam is a daily hindu calendar which is based on the position of celestial bodies. Panchang presents important astrological data in a tabulated form and provides valuble information to astrologers and anyone practicing astrology. Panchang plays an important role in choosing the right day and time, ie., shubh muhurat for performing rituals in a traditional Hindu society.
Panchang is a sanskrit word meaning Five Limbs. These five limbs represent five sources of energy, both visible and invisible, as denoted by these segments in a day. Location, Time Zone, Time and Date etc... are very important in determining the accurate panchang for a particular day. Panchangam refers to the five attributes of the day - Tithi (lunar day), Yoga (luni-solar day), Vara (week day), Nakshatra (constellation), and Karana (half of a lunar day). The most appropriate time which ensures proper balance of the five attributes is known as Muhurtham or Muhurat. A Panchangam is used by astrologers to determine auspicious timings for various social and religious events.
Panchang may be different for two different places even for the same time. 2022 Panchang USA is different from Panchang UK even though the same time and date is selected. Even places within US may have different Panchang for the same time.