Cancer Zodiac • Personality & Characteristics
Cancer (March 21 - April 19)
Emotional, compassionate, and intuitive - that's what you are if you are born between June 21 and July 22 under the fourth zodiac sign of Cancer. You are also fiercely loyal and protective of your loved ones.
As a cancer, you are ruled by your emotions. You are a natural nurturer and care deeply for those around you. You tend to be a private person, and you like to keep your thoughts and feelings to yourself. You can be moody and sensitive, and you sometimes have a hard time dealing with change. But overall, you are a kind, loving, and generous person.
Cancer Zodiac Sign - Quick Facts
- Cancer Date: June 22 - July 22*
- Symbol: The Crab
- Quality: Cardinal Sign
- Element: Water
- Ruling Planet: The Moon
- Opposite Sign: Capricorn
- Cancer Birthstone: Pearl
- Anatomy Ruled: Stomach, Breasts, Chest
- Flower: White flowers like Geranium, Water lily, White roses
- Tarot card: VII The Chariot
* Date may change for some years
See Zodiac sign dates →
Like the Crab which represents the Cancer zodiac, Cancerians can be hard to crack. But once someone earns your trust, you are fiercely loyal. You probably have a close-knit group of friends or family members that you’re extremely close to. You are a homebody at heart and value your family and close friends above all else. You’re also probably a great listener, and people often come to you for advice.
You’re a natural homebody, and you usually prefer to stay in familiar surroundings. You’re also usually pretty good at taking care of yourself and others.
You’re a great cook, and you probably enjoy spending time in the kitchen. You’re also probably a gifted artist, and you may enjoy creative pursuits like painting or writing.
You’re a loyal and loving partner, and you usually want nothing more than to find a partner that you can share your life with. If you’re in a relationship with a Cancer, they can expect you to be supportive, caring, and affectionate.
Cancer Positives and Negatives
|Emotional, Tenacious, Conventional, Intutive, Hard working, Receptive, Kind & Compassionate, Very Maternalistic||Unrealistic, Fussy, Selfish, Easily Hurt, Possessive, Unforgiving, Manipulative, Sentimental|
Cancer - Likes and Dislikes
Here are some of the things that Cancer are known to like and dislike.
Cancer Zodiac Likes:
- Being nurturing and caring – Cancer people are known for their caring and nurturing nature. They are often the ones who are quick to comfort others in times of need and are always there to lend a helping hand.
- Being homebodies – Cancer people love being in the comfort of their own home. They often find solace in the simple things in life and enjoy spending time with family and close friends.
- Being great cooks – Cancer people are often gifted in the kitchen. They have a knack for creating delicious meals that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
- Being good at finances – Cancer people are often very good with money. They are able to save and invest wisely, which often leads to financial
- Being Ignored: Cancerians are sensitive souls who need to feel loved and appreciated. It can be hurtful when they don’t feel like they’re getting the attention they deserve.
- Being Criticized: Because they're are so sensitive, Cancerians don’t take well to criticism. They can’t help but take it personally, even if it’s constructive.
- Being Interrupted: Cancerians like to take their time when they’re talking. They need to feel like they’re being heard and understood. When someone interrupts them, it throws them off and makes them feel like their thoughts and feelings don’t matter.
- Being Disrespected: Cancerians have a lot of respect for themselves and those around them. When someone disrespects
- Handling Crisis: Cancerians hate it when they are put in situations to handle a crisis, and they don’t do well. They like to be in control and feel like they’re the ones who have everything under control. When a crisis hits and they’re unable to handle it, it’s a massive blow to their ego.
Zodiac Sign Calculator
What is your zodiac sign? If you don't know it yet, use the calculator below to find your zodiac sun sign.
Enter exact time and date of birth. Enter you place of birth in the location field.