Leo Zodiac • Personality & Characteristics
LEO (July 23 - August 22)
As a Leo native, born between July 23 and August 22, you are known for your courage, confidence, and charisma - just like the powerful, regal Lion that represents the zodiac. Leo, the fifth sign of the zodiac, is ruled by the Sun. Leo is a Fire sign; like all Fire signs, you are passionate, dynamic, and expressive. Leo is also a Fixed sign, which means you are loyal, reliable, and hard-working.
However, there is much more to this sign than meets the eye. Let's take a closer look at some of the most defining Leo characteristics.
Honesty and loyalty are two of the most defining Leo characteristics. Being born under this sign, you are typically honest and loyal to your friends and family. You are also known for being sunny and upbeat, even in the face of adversity. Leo's sense of dignity is also noteworthy. However, you also have a strong sense of dignity and may be unwilling to compromise on certain issues.
Leo sign is known for being proud and having a strong sense of self-confidence. You often project an air of authority. Finally, Leo is also known for being friendly and kind. You are typically outgoing and enjoy socializing with others.
Leo Zodiac Sign - Quick Facts
- Leo Date: July 23 - August 22*
- Symbol: The Lion
- Quality: Fixed Sign
- Element: Fire
- Ruling Planet: The Sun
- Opposite Sign: Aquarius
- Leo Birthstone: Ruby
- Anatomy Ruled: Heart, Upper back
- Flower: Sunflower, Marigold
- Tarot card: VIII Strength
* Date may change for some years
See Zodiac sign dates →
Leo Personality - Positives and Negatives
|Honest, Optimistic, Energetic, Helpful, Honest, Dignity, Kindness, Generous, Courageous||Disdain, Boastful, Arrogance, Coldhearted, Sulky & Sullen, Obstinate|
Leo individuals can be very stubborn, refusing to budge on their opinions or listen to reason. This can lead to arguments and conflicts, as well as a general feeling of being unable to trust or rely on Leo individuals. Also, as a Leo zodiac, you can be quite contemptuous of others, particularly those who you feel are beneath you in some way. This can manifest as snobbery, arrogance, or a general feeling of superiority.
You also have a tendency to take undue credit, often taking credit for things you had nothing to do with or that you only played a small part in. This can lead to tension and resentment from others, who may feel that you are constantly trying to take the spotlight. Additionally, you can be quite cold-hearted when hurt, often withdrawing into yourself and refusing to communicate with those who have hurt you. This can make it difficult for you to heal from wounds and move on with you life.
Leo - Likes and Dislikes
Here are few things Leo-born people like and dislikes.
- Being surrounded by luxury. Leo-born people love to splurge on things that make them feel good and anything that gives pleasure. They appreciate quality and are attracted to items that are luxurious and stylish, especially luxury furnishing, fashionable clothes
- Being creative. Leos are often creative and enjoy expressing themselves through art, music, cooking or writing. They are usually passionate and have a strong sense of self-expression.
- Sports activities and competitions. Leo natives are typically natural athletes. They enjoy playing sports and being active. They also tend to be very competitive and often take pride in their accomplishments.
- Appreciation and compliments: Leos values appreciation and compliments. They feel good when others take notice of their accomplishments and give them positive feedback.
- Being physically hurt: Leo are strong and courageous, but they don't like being physically hurt. They would rather face their fears and take on challenges than be in pain.
- Being ignored or not given enough attention: Leo people hate being ignored. They need attention and appreciation; if they don't get it, they can get quite sulky.
- Being criticized or laughed at: Leo people are proud and confident, and they don't take kindly to being criticized or laughed at. If you want to stay on their good side, avoid doing either of these things.
- Being patronized: Leo people also dislike being patronized or made to feel like they are not important. They need to be taken seriously and treated with respect.
- Having their ego bruised: Leo people have big egos and hate it when their ego is bruised. They can be quite sensitive and need to be treated gently.
- Being made to feel inferior: Leo people also dislike being made to feel inferior or like they are not good enough. They need to be the best, and they need to be recognized as such.
Zodiac Sign Calculator
What is your zodiac sign? If you don't know it yet, use the calculator below to find your zodiac sun sign.
Enter exact time and date of birth. Enter you place of birth in the location field.