Bhaumvati Amavasya is referred as an occurrence of ‘Amavasya’ on a Tuesday. According to the Hindu scriptures, Amavasya refers to dark moon lunar phase that occurs every month in the Hindu calendar. Amavasya that falls on a Tuesday is therefore known as Bhaumvati Amavasya. This day is considered to be very auspicious for performing ancestral tires like ‘pitru daan’ and ‘pitru tarpan’. Hindu devotees worship their ancestors on this day to seek their blessings for prosperity and peace in life. Bhaumvati Amavasya is also called as ‘Bhaumya Amavasya’ or ‘Bhomvati Amavasya’.
According to the North Indian calendar, Bhaumvati Amavasya normally falls during the Hindu month of ‘Ashad’ while as per the Amavasyant calendar followed in the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu; it is observed as ‘Jyestha Amavasya’. The day of Bhaumvati Amavasya is dedicated to worshipping planet Mars (Mangal) and is therefore very apt for remedying any Mangal Dosh, in one’s kundli. This day is also propitious for performing ‘Daan’ and ‘Punya’ activities. Bhaumvati Amavasya is celebrated with great fervour and devotion in all parts of the country.
Next Bhaumvati Amavasya Date in 2019 : July 02 TuesdayView All Dates in 2019
Rituals during Bhaumvati Amavasya:
- On Bhaumvati Amavasya, Hindu devotees get up early and take a dip in the holy rivers. This ritualistic bath gives freedom from all grief and sins.
- The main deity of worship on Bhaumvati Amavasya is Planets Mars, also known as ‘Angaraka Graha, Kuja Graha or Mangal Graha. Hindu devotees worship Him devotedly to seek His divine blessings. On this day, one must recite the ‘Mangal Rina Harta Stotra’ that should be followed by ‘Navgrah Shanti Hawan’. Doing this will provide relief from any financial constraints.
- Performing Shraddha rituals and tarpan is believed to be a very auspicious act. Devotees also feed Brahmins on this day to offer peace to the departed souls. Offering charity or donation on Bhaumvati Amavasya also appeases the ancestors and they shower blessings on their descendants.
- Some people also observe fast on Bhaumvati Amavasya. It is believed that fasting on this day, frees them from any ‘Pitr Dosh’.
- In some regions there is also a tradition of worshipping Lord Vishnu and ‘Peepal’ tree on Bhaumvati Amavasya.
Important Timings On Bhaumvati Amavasya
|Amavasya Tithi Timing||04:57 AM - 06:58 AM|
|Place : Ujjain [ India ]|
Significance of Bhaumvati Amavasya:
The religious significance of Bhaumvati Amavasya is mentioned in several Hindu scriptures and Puranas. The day of Bhaumvati Amavasya is very rewarding for worshipping Planet Mars as it is believed that when New Moon falls on a Tuesday, it happens to be more auspicious on different chapters of life based on penance and devotion. Any form of charity done on this day proves very fruitful and also helps in attainment of liberation or ‘moksha’. A person performing charity on Bhaumvati Amavasya is generously blessed by Lord Mars to live a blissful life. This day is particularly meritorious for those individuals who suffer from the malefic effects of Mangal Dosh. Also Planets Mars is also referred as ‘Rina Harta’ implying the ‘remover of debts’. Therefore the day of Bhaumvati Amavasya is very beneficial for those who want to get rid of financial problems.
Besides Bhaumvati Amavasya is also a chosen day for pleasing and worshipping forefathers or ‘pitrs’. It turns out to be an opportunity for those individuals who could not worship their forefathers during the ‘Chatur Maas’ period. When Bhaumvati Amavasya falls during the ‘Adhik’ Maas it becomes even more auspicious. It is aptly stated that Bhaumvati Amavasya is a unique occurrence that happens rarely in a year, and therefore one must make as much benefits of this day as possible.
All Bhaumvati Amavasya dates in 2019 and Amavasya Tithi Timing
|02 Jul||(Tue)||Bhaumvati Amavasya||05 04:57 - 06 06:58 AM|
|26 Nov||(Tue)||Bhaumvati Amavasya||31 11:57 - 01 08:41 AM|