India has several mountain ranges running the length and breadth of the country. These ranges houses some of the most scenic and prestine hill stations in the world. The India hill stations map below gives information about the location of hill stations in India. Major hill stations in India is marked in bold.
Hill stations in India used to be the summer capital of states during the British rule. Today they are the most sought after tourist destinations in India.
Some of the most famous hill stations in India
Given below are the most popular hill stations in India along with the state where they are located.
- Ooty, Kodaikanal - Tamilnadu
- Munnar, Wayanad - Kerala
- Kullu, Manali, Shimla - Himachal Prades
- Srinagar, Gulmarg, Leh - Jammu & Kashmir
- Mount Abu - Rajasthan
- Dehradun, Mussoorie, Nainital - Uttarakhand
- Darjeeling - West Bengal
- Gangtok, Aizawl, Kohima, Shillong - North Eastern India