May 11 : Indian railways announced partial restoration of passenger train service wef 12th May 2020 in a graded manner. Railways has informed that it will run 15 pairs of special trains. This is in addition to the 'Shramik specials' which has been vital in the movement of migrant workers, pilgrims, tourists, students and other persons stranded at different places. Till May 11, Railways has operated 468 Shramik Special trains across the country.
Here is the complete list of trains that will be run by Indian railways as special trains along with train name, source and destination stations, departure and arrival time and frequency. These special trains will have only Air conditioned classes ie. 1st, 2nd and 3rd AC.
List of Special Trains:
Passengers travelling by these special trains have been advised to observe the following precautions:
- passengers with confirmed tickets will be allowed entry into Railway station
- passengers shall wear facecovers/masks at the entry and during travel
- passengers shall reach the station at least 90 minutes in advance to facilitate thermal screening at the station. Only asymptomatic passengers will be permitted to travel
- passengers shall observe social distancing both at the station and on trains
- upon arrival at their destination, passengers will have to adhere to health protocols prescribed by the destination state
Passengers are also advised to download and use the Arogya Setu application.
Railways has advised passengers to travel light (with minimum luggage). No linen, blankets and curtains shall be provided inside the train and therefore passengers are advised to carry their own linen for the travel.
Though Railways will provide dry, ready-to-eat food and bottled water on demand upon payment, passengers are encouraged to carry their own food and drinking water.
Railways has also informed that only online E-Ticketing will be done through IRCTC website or through Mobile App and only confirmed tickets shall be booked.