Actor Sushant Singh Rajput. Image Source: IANS

August 05 : The Central government has accepted the Bihar government’s recommendation for a CBI inquiry into Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case. The Centre has informed the Supreme Court today that the Bihar government's plea for a CBI investigation into the death of the late actor has been accepted.

ANI reports that a day after the Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar requested the Centre for a CBI probe after receiving the consent of the actor’s father KK Singh, the Centre’s decision has come today.

ANI tweeted that Solicitor General Tushar Mehta on Wednesday (August 5) told the Supreme Court that the Centre has accepted the Bihar government’s suggestion for a CBI inquiry. Today, the apex court is hearing Rhea Chakraborty’s plea asking to transfer the investigation from Patna to Mumbai police.

According to PTI, the Supreme Court has said that the “truth should come out so far as the actor’s death is concerned.”

It is reported that the lawyer, who is representing Sushant Singh Rajput's father, told the Supreme Court that the “Maharashtra Police is destroying evidence in the case.” PTI also reported that the Maharashtra Police told the apex court that “Patna police has no jurisdiction to either lodge an FIR or investigate it and this has been made a political case.”

Centre’s decision to transfer the case to CBI has been lauded by the late actor’s fans, friends and family, who have been demanding for a CBI probe into the case, which was getting murkier by each day with new information coming up every day.

 Latest updates on Sushant Singh Rajput Death Mystery

Related Articles

You May Like

Latest Video News:

Entertainment News

Latest News