Madrid, Aug 12 : The Atletico Madrid women's team have suspended training following four positive cases of COVID-19 emerging among their squad and staff.
Atletico said that the four new people who had tested positive were isolating at home and the squad would continue to follow strict protocols, according to BBC Sport.
The news comes just over a week before they are set to face Barcelona in a Champions League quarter-final on August 21.
The team had earlier cancelled a friendly last week after a positive test on Friday.
The Women's Champions League will be staged as an eight-team tournament starting on August 21 in the Spanish cities of Bilbao and San Sebastian.
Earlier, two members of the men's team tested positive for COVID-19 and won't be available for their Champions League quarter-final match against RB Leipzig on Thursday. Forward Angel Correa and defender SimeA Vrsaljko are isolating at home.
A member of FC Barcelona had also reported positive for the virus. The Catalan club, without revealing the identity of the player, said that he was isolating in his home and was asymptomatic. They also said that he had not been in contact with any of the players who are to travel to Lisbon for the Champions League tournament.
Latest updates on Coronavirus (COVID-19)