Aryan Khan(photo:instagram)
Aryan Khan(photo:instagram). Image Source: IANS News

October 13 : Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan’s bail plea hearing started in court on Wednesday. The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Wednesday said to the court that the agency has learnt that Aryan Khan used to procure contraband from his friend Arbaaz Merchant, another accused in the case.

Replying to Aryan Khan's bail plea, the NCB said, "The material collated during the investigation has primarily revealed the Aryan Khan has a role in so far as illicit procurement and distribution of contraband is concerned." The agency further said that Aryan’s case cannot be considered in isolation as these people are an integral part of a common threat which "cannot be separated or dissected from each other". NCB also said that the quantum of recovery from an individual becomes inconsequential in such a situation. The agency pointed out that all these people form a part of a larger chain, and their involvement in a conspiracy to commit illegal acts under Section 29 cannot be ruled out.

While drug was not recovered from Aryan Khan, the agency recovered 6 gram of charas from Arbaaz Merchant.

NCB further argued that the primary investigation revealed the Aryan Khan has a role in illicit procurement and distribution of contraband, which is of concern. They added that Aryan is in touch with people who are a part of “international drug network” for illegal procurement of drug.

Aryan Khan and seven others were detained after an NCB raid on a cruise ship off-shore Mumbai on October 2. Later Aryan was arrested on October 3. Earlier in the day, SRK’s manager Puja Dadlani filed an application before the court, requesting it to allow her in for hearing as Aryan’s representative.

Earlier, a Mumbai court rejected Aryan’s bail plea, following which the case came up in the special court today. The Mumbai court magistrate rejected the plea on the ground that it did not have the jurisdiction to decide on the matter.

Aryan’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde pointed out that the 23-year-old was “falsely implicated” and that the NCB has no grounds to keep him in custody since no psychotropic substances were recovered from his personal possession.

You May Like

Latest Video News:

Entertainment News

Latest News