The Centre has decided to end the Ramzan ceasefire in Jammu and Kashmir. In a message on Twitter, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said the security forces ‘are being directed to take all necessary actions as earlier to prevent terrorists from launching attacks and indulging in violence and killings.’ In a series of messages on Twitter, he added, ‘The operations against the terrorists to resume.’ Singh tweeted that the decision to not conduct counterinsurgency operations in the state had been taken on May 17 ‘in the interests of the peace loving people of J&K, in order to provide them a conducive atmosphere to observe Ramzan’. He said though the security forces had ‘displayed exemplary restraint’ during the ceasefire, ‘the terrorists have continued with their attacks, on civilians and SFs, resulting in deaths and injuries’.  

Recipe Videos

Other Related Videos