A multi-storeyed furniture showroom was gutted in fire in Kharar. The fire started from ground floor of the four-storey building and it engulfed the first and second floor in no time. Fire tenders were rushed to Kharar to douse the flames. Furniture material, including beds, sofas, chairs, tables and mattresses were destroyed in the fire. The showroom owner estimated the loss due to fire at Rs 50-60 lakh. The cause of fire is said to be short circuit in the electrical metre of the showroom.
Published On: Jun 12, 2019