Got some potatoes and cauliflower in your pantry? Then go for this, lip smacking recipe! It is easy and fast to make. Perfect choice for tiffins, picnics and even for a fast dinner. Plus, it is healthy!
How to Make Aloo Gobi Masala | Restaurant Style Potato Cauliflower Masala Curry
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a kadai.
- Once hot, add onions, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts and tomatoes and saute until the raw smell dissappears.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Next, blend in a blender or mixie grinder until smooth and lump free.
- Next, heat the kadai and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add cumin seeds, and saute well.
- Next add chilli and turmeric powder and roast on very low flame.
- Add the onion- tomato paste and saute well for about 5-7 minutes.
- Now add coriander powder and salt to your preference. Mix well.
- Add cubed potatoes and 1 cup of water. Mix well.
- Cover with lid and boil until potatoes are well cooked.
- Now add cauliflower florets and mix well. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add Kasuri Methi, and garam masala, into the curry.
- Stir and take off from heat.
- Serve hot with phulkas, parathas, rice and curd and salads.
If you like to make this more wholesome, add a few paneer or cottage cheese cubes in it. For an extra nutty bite, add fried cashew nuts and raisins in the masala curry- and this will be loved by children.