Amethyst and Chandrakanta are the birth stones for the month of February. Scroll down to read more about these stones. Characteristics and types of Amethyst and Chandrakanta, influence of these birth stones on people and the healing powers of February birthstones are given below.
|U.S Culture Based Birthstone||Amethyst|
|British Culture Based Birthstone||Amethyst|
|Vedic Culture Based Birthstone||Chandrakanta|
About Birthstone Amethyst
Amethyst is a commonly seen semiprecious gemstone that has a unique violet color. It belongs to the quartz family and is traditionally the birthstone of people born in the month of February. Due to its legendary powers and striking beauty, Amethyst has always been considered to be a valued gemstone since the time of the Romans and Greeks. The color of Amethyst ranges from pinkish violet to dark purple. The structure of this gemstone is relatively hard making it apt for use in jewelry. Some of the common varieties of Amethyst are Chevron Amethyst, Brandberg Amethyst, Rutilated Amethyst and Ametrine. People adhere to the use of amethyst for mental and physical peace. Amethyst is purple in color.
Influence of Amethyst on People
- Amethyst is a beneficial stone when dealing with matters related to money or any legal issues.
- It is also held to be a gemstone for abundance and prosperity.
- Amethyst has been used by travellers to get protection from theft and loss of valuables.
- The gemstone amethyst is also used to heal personal grief and losses.
- It is known to be a stone that brings contentment, happiness and peacefulness.
- Amethyst is also used to get rid of any form of addictions like those of smoking, alcohol or even drugs. It has been popular as a ‘sobriety stone’ since the ancient times.
- Amethyst is also used to increase intelligence.
Healing Powers of Amethyst
- Amethyst is an excellent calming and meditative stone which adds to the powers of concentration that helps to maintain emotional, physical and spiritual balance.
- It also helps in increasing the physic powers of the brain.
- Regular use of Amethyst gemstone also provides inner strength and has a very calming effect.
- Protects against cardiac arrest, risks of natural disasters and accidents.
About Birthstone Chandrakanta
Chandrakanta also known as ‘Moonstone’ is a unique gemstone that is believed to be formed from the solidified rays of Moon. It is also assumed to get dissolved from the rays of moon. Chandrakanta can be availed in a wide selection of colors that includes blue, green, grey, brown, peach, pink and also white. Chandrakanta is found abundantly in Armenia, Mexico, Australia, Norway, Sri Lanka and India. Furthermore this gemstone is known for its magical properties and is commonly associated with mystery and dreams. Chandrakanta is also a renowned gemstone for its healing properties.Influence of Chandrakanta on People:
- The wearer of Chandrakanta stone is bestowed with abundance of wealth.
- It is a stone for lovers as it entices emotions and passion and ensures success in love life.
- Chandrakanta is advised for females as it relieves hormonal imbalance and other related menstrual disorders.
- It is a good luck stone.
- It is believed to strike a balance between the human body and nature’s rhythms. It beautifully balances the two most important forces in life, namely, ‘want’ and ‘need’.
- Chandrakanta is used as a cure for epilepsy.
- The stone balances the yin and yang forces.
- It also raises self-awareness and is used for meditation.
- In some places like India, Chandrakanta is also worn to get beautiful dreams while sleeping.
- Wearing Chandrakanta soothes feelings like stress and anxiety.
Monthwise & Zodiac Sign Based Birthstones
Below given is the link to monthwise and zodiac sign based list of birthstones. Click a link to find details about the birthstone for each month and each zodiac sign.
Know your birthstone based on your birthday
Enter your birth date and time of birth to find the right birth stone for you.