The term going Green means using products and services that do not harm the natural resources as well as the living creatures including human beings in any way. It(Green) is typically an issue related with health that easily mixes with other areas or topics of pollution control, conservation and sustainability.
The green concept can be defined as studying about the impact on the health of the environment due to the activities performed by human beings. For example using cleaning products, paints, varnishes, furniture or any products that contain Volatile Organic Compounds or VOC that are not good for the health of human beings or other living creatures can be deemed to be going against the green concept.
Activities that embrace the concept of Green
There are various going green activities that will save the environment as well as overall economies of the world. Going green helps in saving the precious limited natural resources to be used diligently and also passing on these resources to the future generations. Read on... Green Initiative by Business Organisations. There are various ways of going green and that begins from home itself. Some of the tips for going green include:
- Switching off or converting all the light bulbs with Compact Fluorescent Lamps or CFL
- Stop the use of disposable plastic bags and start using recyclable or reusable bags.
- Turning off the lights in idle houses and rooms or when going outside the house.
- Reusing the scrap papers or at least use the paper on two sides thereby saving some of the trees from felling.
- Using the techniques of rainwater harvesting in the homes will help in recharging the ground water facilities and helping the families to use this water for their domestic purposes at the point of consumption.
- Washing laundry with cold water instead of hot water will help in the saving of power as well as release of carbon emissions into the environment.
- Using cycle as a mode of transport for going to work or for personal needs instead of using automobiles such as car/bike will save fuel for future generations as well helping in reducing the environmental pollution due to carbon emissions.
- Turning off electrical appliances and electronic products when not in use is the best example of going green. For example, Turning off your computer monitors completely when going to sleep.
- Using electrical and electronic products that comply with the green energy standards will help in promoting the concept of going green.
- Fixing leaky faucets and other plumbing utilities will help in saving precious water, gas from leaking out causing wastage as well as pollution in the environment.
- Using the kitchen water for gardening purposes if you have a garden is another way of going green that ensures the best utilization of the available water sources.
- Another important part of going green is to recycle your kitchen waste by using it as vermin compost for plants and trees in your garden, in that way the harmful waste is not released into the environment thereby contributing your part in the reduction of carbon emissions.
- It is better to buy in bulk the food products rather than buying them individually as this decreases the amount of packaging plastic material that is used in packaging individual food products.
Thus, the above-mentioned green tips if used in a proper way will prove to be helpful in saving our environment and transferring natural resources to our future generations. We are the trustees of the nature and not the masters of it.