Green tea has been one of the most researched about drink or food item in the past decade. People who love eating healthy are gushing about green tea and it is all for good reasons. There are a lot of uses and benefits of green tea. Here's a list of some of the most important health benefits of green tea.
What is green tea? Green tea, essentially, is derived from the same plant from which one gets normal tea. However, the two teas are different because of the way in which they are processed to get the final product. In order to get green tea, the leaves are just steamed or dried, not fermented. This is why this tea looks and tastes different from black tea.
Related Article → Ginkgo Biloba- uses,benefits, dosage and side effects
Health benefits of Green Tea : Green tea is chock full of ingredients that are good for the body and the mind. It has anti-oxidants, caffeine, amino acids, vitamins and a lot of other important ingredients that will just generally help you boost your health. Here are a few specific health benefits of consuming green tea:
Health benefits of Green Tea
- Anti- aging: Green tea is believed to be amazing as an anti-aging agent. One of the most important ingredient present in green tea that aids in this process is the Catechin Polyphenols. They are the ones that provide green tea with all the anti- oxidant effect. These anti-oxidants can really delay all signs of aging in person.
- Stimulation: Green tea has caffeine which is one of the best stimulators found in nature. Caffeine does have a negative effect in the long run, but you don't have to worry about that too much when you're just consuming green tea. One of the biggest benefits of green tea is that with a cup, you can battle laziness, tiredness, lack of sleep etc. and get your energy level back to normal.
- Medical immunity benefits: Green tea can help the immunity system become stronger. It can help a person develop a stronger immunity against bacterial and viral infections. The Catechins present in this drink can help in the
process of strengthening immunity, actually. But that is not all- green tea can also reduce the occurrence of any fungal infections and even tooth decay!
Related Article → Urinary Tract Infection Home Remedies
- Reducing cholesterol: Cholesterol is one of the biggest problems of our times because of all the things that it could possibly imply. Green tea is alkaline in nature and it can play a part in reducing any cholesterol intake into the body.
- Prevention of cancer: The catechins present in green tea can defeat the free radicals that are known to cause cancer. it is not medically proven that green tea can prevent cancer, it is possible that one of the benefits of green tea is the fact that it can reduce a person's chances of getting cancer by a margin.
- Anti-diabetic functions: One of the health benefits of green tea is that it can reduce a person's chances of developing diabetes by a large margin. It generally maintains the glucose in your body. The astringents present in the tea and the anti-oxidants get together to make the pancreas work better and ensure that the general health is maintained well.
- Cardiac health: Drinking green tea will make sure that your heart condition is also better, so that there are lesser chances of you getting cardiac arrest, strokes, sclerosis etc.
Related Article → Natural Hair Growth Treatment
Effect of Green tea for Weight Loss
The American Journal for Physiology: Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology held a study to find out the effect of green tea for weight loss of a person. It is generally said that green tea can help in the weight loss process. Of course, there is a reason behind this saying. Green tea is said to fight the reduction in metabolism that comes along with weight loss regimes and processes. It is also said that green tea has an ingredient that can control the part of the brain that regulates the appetite and make sure that the person eats less.
One should keep in mind that green tea for weight loss is probably just suggested as a substitute to other caffeinated drinks such as coffee or cola. One cannot lose weight by simply drinking green tea. They need to follow a strict diet and an exercise regime as well. Green tea for weight loss is a supplement only.