New Delhi, June 30 : Do you dream of having a monsoon wedding -- but are scared of rain playing spoilsport? Just prepare a back-up plan in advance to welcome the showers, says an expert.
Surruchi Joshhi, Founder and Director at wedding planning company Raas Luxury Weddings, shares a list of dos and don'ts for a monsoon wedding.
- Plan a rain dance party as part of your pre-wedding event.
- Seating becomes difficult to arrange in the rain, bean bag seating setup is perfect especially among youngsters.
- Beautification should be done using neons, flowery drapes and ribbon dÃ©cor. They will suit the ambience.
- When it is monsoon, don't shy away from having a monsoon-based theme in your stationery. Starting from your invitation cards to the giveaways, monsoon is the key to design.
- Rains create a need for you to wear fresh coloured lehengas. Peach, subtle gold, rose pink, tomato red are the colours of the season.
- How good is an umbrella as a giveaway to your guests? Bangles, sunshades have become common giveaways.
- Your guests would need to wrap up their phones and belongings while in the rain, so arrange for plastic or rather personalised waterproof bags.
- Rain proofing is an absolute necessity if you are not planning your wedding in a banquet. But a banquet should definitely be the first choice.
- Your make-up should not be based on a heavy foundation. It won't just keep up.
- Decorations based on warm colours are a big no-no!
- Don't have flower-based decorations, prefer parachute material gazebo, floral prints in the drape and artificial flowers.
- Heels don't go well with rains. Juttis/floral mojaris are what's in vogue.
- For your mehendi, don't go for heavy real flower jewellery, instead prefer tiaras, or gotta jewellery.