We have come out with a perfectly fit way to celebrate love. How about starting the day with a a make-it-together healthy breakfast and workout together : partner workout , partner stretches.
Here's a healthy way to celebrate the Valentine's day with your partner:
You can start the day by having a glass of honey and lemon water and a fruit (strawberries and yoghurt in keeping with the theme).
- Now go together for a morning walk for atleast 30 minutes.
- Go to a nearby park or the sea side. Breathe in the fresh air. Walk hand in hand or make it a race!
- Now it's time to prepare together a romantic healthy breakfast.
You can choose from the two recipes below with your cup of tea or coffee:
Apple cinnamon porridge
This is a warm comforting breakfast, full of goodness!
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 an apple grated
- 1/2 apple cut in small squares
- 1 tablespoon of raisins
- sugar/honey to taste
- 1/2 tsp powdered cinnamon
- Toasted almonds, crushed roughly.
- Now take the oats in a pan, along with the grated apple, sugar/honey, raisins and cinnamon.
- Add water in the pan untill the water goes 1/2" above the oats mix.
- Bring to a boil. Let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add more water if it gets too dry.
- Turn into bowls and serve with a sprinkling of toasted almonds.
Vanilla French toast with strawberries
This is a healthy breakfast with the flavour of a donut.
- 4 slices of wholegrain bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- Strawberries, chopped
- Toasted almonds, crushed roughly
- Take eggs in a container and add milk in it.
- Now, beat the eggs and milk untill well combined.
- Take some slices of bread and put it in the bowl, one at a time; flipping over to cover both sides with the egg mix.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan.
- Put the slices of bread in the pan and cook for 2 minutes and flip over. Cook till the colour turns to golden brown and, look slightly crisp at the edges.
- Serve immediately and drizzle with honey, chopped strawberries and toasted almonds.
You can perform this fun partner workout depending on your work schedule,as your main event!
You will need:
- Two resistance types tubes or bands
- A mat
- Good workout clothes!
- Fun, motivating music
- A football or any other large ball
Push Ups with hi 5's
- Hold yourselves up facing each other in a plank position.
- You can modify it to make it easier by being on your knees instead of toes. Place your hands wide apart.
- Bend the elbows to lower your chest, abdominals and hips towards the floor. Now push up by squeezing your chest, and as you come up hi 5 your partner with one hand.
- Repeat the push up and this time hi 5 with the other. Go on till one of you gives up! Rest, and do another set.
Squats and Rows Exercise
- You need to stand facing each other holding on to one end of each of the bands.
- Ensure that one partner should cross the bands over so that there is a cross in the middle of the bands, between the two partners. Step away from each other till your arms are extended straight out in front of you.
- Slowly bend your elbows and pull your elbows back, past your waist. Simultaneously go down into a squat, pushing your hips back, ensuring your knees stay in line with the ankles.
- Press your heels into the floor and push yourself up to standing without locking your knees ; and at the same time, extend your arms forward.
- Now make sure you both move in tandem.
- Perform 20 repetitions. Rest and repeat!
Flyes and Lunges
- With the bands crossed in the middle; both partners face away from each other. Hold on to the band ends.
- Step away till the band is taut. Take both arms out to the side, in line with the shoulders, with the band coming from under the arms.
- Bring your hands in together and as you do, take a large step forward with the right leg, sinking into a lunge by bending both knees.
- Take care to make sure your right knee stays in line with the ankle. Come up and step back; while you take your arms out to the side.
- Repeat, bringing the left leg forward this time. Keep your upper body straight all through, without leaning forward.
- Both partners must move in tandem.
- Do a total of 24 repetitions. Rest and repeat!
Crunch ball throws
- Lie face up, facing each other on a mat with your knees bent and feet touching your partners', who is lying in the same position.
- Hold onto the ball. Squeeze your tummy muscles and get your upper body off the ground as you toss the ball to your partner.
- Both partners keep going up and down to throw and catch the ball.
- Do a total of 20 repetitions. Rest and repeat!
Rider back extensions
- This exercise is performed by making one partner lie face down on the bed with their torso hanging off and hip joint at the edge of the bed.
- Holding on to their ankles,the other partner sits on the thighs of the lying down partner,
- The partner who is lying down places their hands across their chest, bending at the elbows.
- Slowly raise the torso as high up as possible by squeezing the back muscles. Slowly lower down all the way.
- Perform 15 repetitions. Switch partners. Rest and repeat!
If possible do some simple stretches that will be good for your body after a workout
You can make something that you and your love.Here is a suggested menu:
- You may go for a soup of your choice served with heart shaped cut wholegrain bread as starter
- For a delicious dinner, you can cook pan roast chicken with gravy, brown rice and sautéed vegetables or a wholesome chick pea tagine with warm whole wheat bread/couscous and salad.
- For sweetlovers, chocolate fondue with fruits OR Honey almond cake served with fruit & cream will be ideal after the food.
- Who doesn't love massages? You and your partner can go for a couples' massage or even have two therapists come over for a massage session at home.
- Get in to the steam room.
- Together enjoy a tub soak.
- Relish your healthy home cooked dinner with a glass of red wine together.