Hips and Shoulders are your best features, congrats you have a Pear Shaped Body!!We have a list of fashion goals and tips for you to be street ready.
Main Features of a Pear Shape Figure:
- Wider hips and thighs
- Narrower shoulders
- Wider bottom
- Smaller bust
Puzzled about your shape? Just answer three questions of our Exclusive Body Shape Quiz and know what assets you own!!!
- Hips are wider than your shoulders and larger than your bust.
- Round, sloping shoulders and slim arms
- Well-defined waistline
- Buttocks and thighs are full and round.
- Gain weight on their thighs and bottom before upper body and tummy.
- Smaller top half as well as small bust
CLOTHING TIPS FOR A PEAR SHAPED BODY
To look good in your pear body shape with tiny waist and feminine hips, you should go for bottoms that reduces your lower half appearance and tops that accentuates your bust for an elongated shoulder illusion.
- Padded bra or push-up bra definitely accentuates your waist and adds volume to a small bust.
- Use Straight leg or flared leg pants that makes the bottom half appear full volume.
- Prefer using tailored pants like the flat bottom pants
- Jeans having wider edges in the calf and ankle area will be a great option that'll draw attention away from your mid-section.
- Always go for darker colour options for the bottom and ensure that the bottom is darker than the top you wear.
- Boot-cut leg trouser is an ideal choice that are neither too tight or light and gives a structured appearance to your body type
- Avoid skinny pants, capri or tapered pants, cigarette-style pants,cargo pants and pants with bold embroidery, rhinestones as these will highlight your hips/rear.
- Also avoid pants with pleats, side pockets, or anything that adds extra space or dimension to this area.
- Knee-length, A-line or ankle skirts look great on pear-shaped ladies and skim through the lovely curves you have to take the attention from your wider bottoms.
- Light gathered skirts, tulip skirts are also great choice that squeeze your bottom part.
- Always look for skirts with ruffles or beading along the bottom that'll accentuate your curvy bottom half without being bulky around your hips.
- Go for an asymmetrical skirt or a flirty skirt bottom if you have longer legs.
- Banded Halter tops and twist V- front bottom enhances the waistline and give enough attention to your shoulders.
- Avoid tight-fitting skirts, pencil skirts, mini and straight skirts.
Whatever the tops be, the aim should be to highlight yourcurves. Since Pear body shapes have wider bottom, more attention needs to be given to the top-half of the body for a proportional appearance and attaining a visual balance by giving volume to the top-half.
- Tops should be tight around the waist so as to highlight your asset.
- Go for loose tops that is long enough to cover the hips and provide substance for the shoulders.
- V line tops that highlights your upper half are another great addition to your clothing collection
- Wide-sleeved shirts, rolled or scrunched sleeves that stay just below the hipbone and covers the hips are the ideal choices for the pear shaped body.
- Tunic top with a clean, elongating line camouflags everything underneath, making your appearance taller and leaner at the same time.
- Tops with breast pockets, big collars and some patterns/design is another good option
- Avoid tops that has narrow shoulder lines and keep away especially from crop tops that mainly draws attention to your midsection.
- Do not wear drop-waists and baggy tops that takes away the attention from your well defined waists
- Always wear jacket that ends and stays right below your hips and mid-thigh.
- A-shaped jackets with knee length are ideal choices especially the high waistline coats and Princess coats.
- Fitted Waistline and Coachmen coats are also safe bets for you to play down your lower half.
- Trench jackets also work great as they create a balance between your shoulders and hips, making them to appear less full.
- Go only for dark color jackets for your silhouette to appear sleek.
- Avoid longer coats that may overhelm your appearance
- Straight cut and boxy coats that make your frame appear oversize should be avoided
- Drop sleeves and Raglan sleeves are also bad options for your body type.
- Wear Tankini for your body to look toned and well-shaped
- Full body top and bottom with bandeau style and Halter style tops gives a detailed view and fullness to the body.
- Fold-over style bottom with side strings that gets adjusted at the waist and legs are perfect for your frame.
SUMMARY - THE PEAR BODY SHAPE
Read more about the diet and exercises for your Pear Body Shape : The Perfect Platter for the Pear Body Shape : Diet Plan and Fitness Tips
APPLE BODY SHAPE DRESS AND STYLING TIPS:
INVERTED TRIANGLE BODY SHAPE DRESS AND STYLING TIPS:
RECTANGLE BODY SHAPE DRESS AND STYLING TIPS:
HOURGLASS BODY SHAPE DRESS AND STYLING TIPS: