Hemant Ritu is one of the six Indian seasons that welcomes the colder months. During this period, cold climatic conditions prevails and is referred as the Pre-Winter season. As per the traditional Hindu calendar, Hemant Ritu prevails during the ‘Margashirsha’ and ‘Pausa’ masa. In the Gregorian calendar, it is from mid-October to mid-December. Hemant Ritu is in fact the most pleasant and enjoyable time of the year. The weather is just favourable to enhance the spirit of festivities experienced during this time.
Hemant Ritu 2022 is on November 24 Thursday
3 months and 14 days to go for the event
Festivals observed during this Season:
- Hemant Ritu is the season that celebrates several of important Hindu festivals. These festivals highlight the rich diversity of the Hindu calendar. Some of the popular events during Hemant Ritu are:
- Dhanteras: The festival of Dhanteras marks the beginning of 5-day long Diwali celebrations. It is observed on the ‘Trayodashi’ (13th day) during the ‘Krishna Paksha’ (the waning phase of moon) in the Hindu month of Kartik. On the day of Dhanteras, Hindus worship Goddess Lakshmi to seek Her divine blessings for well-being and prosperity. Dhanteras is also called as ‘Dhanvantari Trayodashi’ and holds special importance for business community.
- Diwali: Diwali, known as ‘The Festival of Lights’ is one of the ancient Hindu festivals that is celebrated with utmost enthusiasm and devotion in India. It is the brightest and biggest of all Hindu festivals. The celebrations and rituals of Diwali extend for a period of five days, however the main festival of Diwali is observed on the no moon day of the Kartik month. On Diwali, people illuminate their houses with diyas or lights and the sound of bursting crackers fills the environment. Diwali is the festival of merriment, joy and goodness.
- Bhai Dooj: The festival of Bhai Dooj celebrates the selfless bond of love between brothers and sisters. It marks the end of the 5-day grand Diwali festivities and is observed on the ‘Dwitiya’ (2nd day) during the Shukla Paksha (the growing phase of moon) in the month of Kartik. On Bhai Dooj, sisters perform the Tika ceremony and pray for the prosperity and long life of their brothers.
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Guru Nanak Jayanti commemorates the birthday of Guru Nanak, who is also the first Sikh Guru. It is the most sacred festival for the followers of Sikhism. Guru Nanak Jayanti is celebrated on the Kartik Purnima (full moon day of the Kartik month) and special events are held in Gurudwaras all across India.
Important Timings On Hemant Ritu
|Sunrise||November 24, 2022 6:50 AM|
|Sunset||November 24, 2022 5:36 PM|
|Margashira and Pushya/Pausha|
|Place : Ujjain [ India ] See More|
Significance of Hemant Ritu:
The beginning of winter season is termed as Hemant Ritu. It ends with Winter Solstice. In geographic terms Solstice is an event marked with Sun reaching its highest summit. Winter Solstice is observed on 21st December or 22nd December and is the shortest day of the calendric year.
Hemant Ritu festival dates between 2019 & 2029
|2019||Wednesday, 27th of November|
|2020||Tuesday, 15th of December|
|2021||Sunday, 5th of December|
|2022||Thursday, 24th of November|
|2023||Wednesday, 13th of December|
|2024||Monday, 2nd of December|
|2025||Friday, 21st of November|
|2026||Wednesday, 9th of December|
|2027||Monday, 29th of November|
|2028||Friday, 17th of November|
|2029||Thursday, 6th of December|